1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Went to a Reformed Church tonight

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I desire peace. Yes I desire peace.... For the moment we will need to agree to disagree. I want to show the IFB that Reformed are more gracious and kind and not the divisive ones which belong to IFB. Reformed can be very kind and gracious.

After a chat I had with a former Reformed Baptist pastor of mine he says I should not make it a big issue. I listen to Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah, and Erwin Lutzer whom are not Reformed, so no need to be divisive with Arminian. These IFB are not KJVO nor do they believe one can lose salvation, so they are not automatic red flags.

I will become a member of the church as long as the pastor agrees to respect my Reformed theology in which he did.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    InTheLight

Perhaps that is because it is everywhere in the bible?

Those evil calvinist pastors...wanting to proclaim the greatness of God!!! How did you and your wife survive:eek:

Oh no...not the great commission ....they wanted you to actual evangelize sinners....how terrible it must have been:thumbs:

how awful...the pastor read other men who believed the bible also...oh the humanity....I guess he did not offer puppet shows, or clowns, or a rock band for entertainment....:wavey:

A plurality of elders...what an out rage!!!!

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not explicitly mentioned everywhere in the Bible but it is certainly mentioned frequently and is easily detected. But how many sermons can you listen to that used the same four or five texts, over and over and over again. Isaiah 46:9-11, Isaiah 45:7, 1 Chronicles 29, etc.

Should there be seven or eight sermons a year on Isaiah 46:9-11? I think I got the message the first three or four times I heard the message in 2006.

No, the horror came in finally finding out with certainty that I was in a Calvinist church.

But all were Calvinists.

Actually, they did. Another reason to leave that dead church.

Why change the church government charter? The church was established in 1958. Now here is a new pastor and suddenly it needs to change?

#83 InTheLight, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
  4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ITL

look on sermonaudio...tons of calvinist pastors...sermons on every part of the bible...get real!

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great. Not relevant to my experience at this church and the constant, persistent, repetitious sermons on sovereignty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.