1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were Some Pastors Included on Ashley Madison List Who Did Not Register for Site?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/w...on-list-who-did-not-register-for-site-144003/

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

When I was in Afghanistan, my email suddenly became flooded with girls wanting to date me. First, I was wondering where all those girls were when I was single! (Kidding, of course).

One of my joes had used my email address and pictures of me off of Facebook to sign up for some websites of that nature, as a "practical joke" on me. It took a while to get the emails filtered out.

I could see how some pastors may be "framed", and while I don't want to assume " guilty until proven innocent", each case needs to be examined individually.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have a friend in ministry who was on this list. There is no reason to ever imagine him being part of this. He has a private firm investigating the whole and has been keeping a group of us updated as part of accountability.

From what he has shared, the site allowed anyone to sign up with whatever email address and credentials they wanted. There was no verification process like we use here on BB. In other words, you can sign up under one email and get full access without ever having an email sent to that address.

There is a flood of problems behind all of this. We are seeing the tip of the iceberg.