1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were the disciples sinless?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Pastor_Bob, Aug 17, 2008.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't understand Bob.
    What question did you ask. Where did I say no.
    The reply that I am referring to, which I verified with a link to the actual quote is "Why do you hate me so?"

I don't hate you. Why do you accuse of hatred. The Bible defines hatred as murder. That is the point that I was making. There is no false statement there, as you can follow the link back to where you made the original statement.
    To say: "I am willing to die on what I say..." is very rash when I can verify your words.

Anyway it is only an example of how easy it is to break God's law, even the most serious of God's law such as murder.
    Jesus said that adultery is simply looking upon a woman to lust after her in one's heart. It is not necessarily the actual physical sin. It is committed in the heart.

It is not that difficult to break the Ten Commandments, those very laws that you believe will condemn a person to Hell. That is my point. You say a believer cannot commit those sins. They are easier to commit than you think.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Here is the quote.......... Shows you answered a question......

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1275526&postcount=208

#42 Brother Bob, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Moving on Bob:
    It is easy to break God's law, whether it is in the Ten Commandments or whether it is breaking the speed limit.
    They are all God's commandments, for even government is ordained of God (Romans 13:1-4).
    Sin is a transgression of God's law.
    You transgress God's law--any one of them, you sin.
    What did you recently post?

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

If in the interpretation of this verse there is no "habitual" as A.T. Robertson would say, here is my question:
    Since you have transgressed the law in your lifetime (even according to your own testimony--you have sinned), then are you not a liar and the truth is not in you?
    This is the way that you interpret Scripture. True?
    You reject A.T. Robertson's interpretation flatly.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You will have to tell me which of the 10 commandments that a sin not unto death is.

That which is not of faith is sin.

The 10 big ones were what they had in OT, but before the 10 commandments were ever given, and there was no law of the Commandments, yet there was sin. Please explain.

According to you, everything is "sin", but everything was covered at the cross, so you can't go wrong no matter what you do. There is no such a thing as a Christlike Christian with you. IMO

BBob,

#44 Brother Bob, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: So if a government’s law commands you to abort your child, it is a sin not to do so? I can tell you flat out that it is not necessarily sin for me to speed or violate many civil laws for that matter. It may not be wise to do so for various reasons, but simply breaking a civil law by no means necessitates that sin has taken place. DHK you exhibit no discretion between moral commandments and civil law. A violation of civil law may or may not be sin. For you to simply say that a violation of civil law is breaking one of God’s laws is simply not true.

Of course, what would it matter whether or not it was spitting on the sidewalk, getting a parking ticket, or committing murder to you?? All is forgiven before any act is ever committed according to you, so again, you can make anything you so desire sin because you have eliminated all penalty regardless of their real moral import. Your lack of discernment of moral issues is simply astounding.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I was predicting that you would come up with something like this HP.
    So tell me. Does the government command you to abort your child?
    Why the red herrings??
    Is it so difficult to stick to an intelligent conversation concerning sin and the law?

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I think we might have intelligent conversations and error confounded.