1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Were there any Humans on Earth before Adam/Eve?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DaChaser1, Feb 8, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did God create the light or was the light actually The Spirit God's presence in the darkness which was upon the face of the deep?

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Death did come to the pre-era world. Suddenly and chaos ruled. And then what was "spoken"? "I am the light of the world..." "For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. Heb 4:3

Furthermore, look at the setting. Man is placed in a specific place called Eden which has specific boundaries. It is separated from the world by the boundaries until man sinned. Man sinned, removed from Eden and prevented from returning to Eden.

And this is not disputed at all by the gap.

The gap does not dispute this statement.

The pre-era destruction of all life was not the picture of atonement that God provided to Adam and Eve by slain animal and covering.

Didn't even consider anything about the dietary considerations. It brings nothing to the refuting or supporting of Gap.

Why would you think nothing existed prior to Gen. 1.

God existed.

God is a creator.

Again, to consider that all things started with this present era and God did nothing in all eternity past is not consistent with the character and nature of God.

Also, your statements could be taken to presuppose that not even the dwelling place of God, the cherubim, seraphim, and angelic hosts would not have existed. That would make Satan's downfall AFTER the garden. Why then would God plant two trees and instruct Adam to not eat of the fruit if the greatest of all angels was yet to be created and had not fallen?

3. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

My friend. All I can says is what the bible states. God said, Let there be light.

4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The original language of the poetry would indicate that "without form, void" were words that reinforced each other by repeating the same definition, and as such would depict something we might consider as boiling mass (whether hot, cold - who knows). The point being that there was no "containment" field to give shape or the words form,void could not have been used. It was not just the earth was a desolate wasteland, but it had no consistent shape but was probably such as liquid and taking on whatever shape of the holding container.

What was/is the holding container?

"He stretches out the north over the empty place, and hangs the earth upon nothing.
    He binds up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
    He holds back the face of his throne, and spreads his cloud upon it.
    He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
    The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.
    He divides the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smites through the proud.
    By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.
    Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?" ​

5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

God has placed man here on earth for a specific time and reason. You have shown no logical reason why God would have needed the Gap, nor the purpose for that Gap. Could the Gap have existed sure it could, but does God do things with reason and purpose or just to do them? Man was created for a purpose, man fell for a purpose, Christ died for a purpose, so what would be the purpose of the Gap theory? Would it be a way to agree with evolutionist on the age of the earth and yet steill be able to say yes but, then God did this? Why would we need to even supprt the evolunist aging of the earth, they need to prove themselves right we don't need to prove them wrong. They have failed to support their claims of the age of the earth and yet well meaning believers form theories to support parts of their beliefs thus validating their teaching.

6. Christos doulos

Welcome back my friend! :)

My friend. You are using a philosophical system that easily can be abused i.e. Universalists use the same approach. It starts with a presupposition that there is no hell, so they ask, Is God not love? Is God hateful? therefore God will save all of mankind.

I only can go from what scripture says, and scripture is clear. God made EVERYTHING in 6 days

(Genesis 1:31) "And God saw EVERYTHING that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day."

That includes the heavenly hosts unless you don't believe they were God's creation?

#66 Christos doulos, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  7. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are very correct. :)

Except, you really don't even need "light."

Day is determined upon one revolution of the earth around its polar axis.

Whether the sun, moon, stars or whatever is in place doesn't really matter to the length of an earth day.

That is why the length of a day is different depending on the planet and the rotational velocity.

8. Christos doulos

My friend. God used the light as a marker in which He separated light from darkness and called it, day

9. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The basic difficulty with attempting to place the heavenly being (cherubim, seraphim, angels...) into the "six day creation" is the garden and the trees.

Because both (garden and trees) were created before man was situated there, it would indicate that the fall of the greatest angelic form must have happened before Gen 1:2. This is also the only real way to account for why the creation of God would be "without form, void, dark." All these attributes are exactly opposite of the truth of what the Scriptures present as God.

In Him is No darkness. He cannot create dark for He is Light. He can separate the dark from the light. He can turn out the light.

All of God's creation and even later preparations (such as the fish in Jonah) were purposed and planned. God is not the creator of confusion and disorder (without form,void). However, Satan is the very author of both.

These examples are offered to demonstrate that Satan's fall devastated the world order and obliged God's action to render Satan's work ineffective from "the foundations of the world" which predates the first day and establishes great meaning to, "Let there be light."

10. Christos doulos

My friend. (Genesis 1:1) "1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

I have no problem placing angels in the 6 days, but it doesn't fit in with your presupposition.

11. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No problem. The earth still must make one complete rotation to establish one day.

Right now, my son and daughter are just waking up on Friday to start their morning coffee. In a couple hours I will be starting my sweet bride and my Thursday evening meal. While we sleep, they work.

The point being the word "day" isn't signified by where the light is shining, but by the setting of the sun to the next setting of the sun (using Hebrew chronology). This is the Hebrew (Genesis) day.

12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heb 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

the world οἰκουμένην the inhabited earth
    to come (an inhabited earth in the future)

Does not Heb 2:5 imply at some point in the past or currently the inhabited earth was subject to angels?

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. ----Adam. Yes? Put him a garden where the serpent, Satan the devil already was.----No? Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who (Adam) is the figure (type) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. ---Jesus the Christ. No?

Where did Satan come from? When did he get to the earth that was made to be inhabited.

Heb 2:6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, 7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; ----Adam. No? The type of him to come. He was made lower than the angels so he could die when he sinned. He was made to have the total of the creation subject to him.

But now we see not yet all things put under him.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death,----the last Adam

Slain before the first man Adam was created. Slain from the foundation of the world (κόσμου) system of order: Let there be light - And God rested the seventh day.

Why?????

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

13. Christos doulos

The point my friend should be scripture. God had not created the sun yet. God said, "(Genesis 1:4-5)
    "And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night."

14. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Here is a thought. For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. A. or B.?

A. Gen. 1:5
    B. Gen. 1:19

me thinks maybe the same

#74 percho, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  15. Christos doulos

Also 6 days of creation was an example for man to follow. If it was long periods of time and God rested on the Sabbath then are we still in the Sabbath? When does the Sabbath end?

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hasn't started yet.

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this one of those...