1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

West Virginia coal mine had history of safety violations

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by TC, Apr 7, 2010.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know of any "company store" although they were in existence many years ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by "own kind of people." If you mean hard workers who care about faith and family and community, I might agree.

It gets old when outsiders continually portray WVians as dumb, barefoot hillbillies who don't know better, who are psychological misfits warped by years of inbreeding.:sleep:

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Wait...this isn't true?! If your so smart about this then how do you explain Tiny Tim?! :laugh::laugh:

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

"If'n she ain't good enuf fer her own kinfolk, she shore as shootin' ain't good enuf fer our'n."

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt, I don't know that ANYBODY can explain Tiny Tim!

Shhhh. . .There's lots of theories, but I think he was planted here as part of a government conspiracy. . .that or his mama dropped him down the mountainside too many times when he was little.