1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Westboro Baptist

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Joseph_Botwinick, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

So now, it's "godhatesamerica"? (Once again, it's "God and Me" against the world).

This is just someone who was molested badly by some man when he was young, and he has just snapped. That's all there is to someone like that. He needs to deal with his problem instead of just lashing out at the world.

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I clicked on the site, it sounds sort of like a KKK type site to me. Or Christian Identity or something like that. I think I heard a little about it on Fox News quite awhile back (the website I mean).

Im wondering if he has churches all over the place or do people from his church go all over the place and do their picketing?

I read on someones post here that they are comparable to the King James Only people... I think thats going way overboard. I only read the King James Bible and I dont think anything like these people.

Well Im sorry they have labeled themselves as Baptists, that must be hard on you all.

Claudia

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

This might make some of you feel a little better, knowing that this has been one of Satan's tricks for a long time now... attaching goofballs to Christianity to give it a bad name:

Acts of the Apostles, pg 212, 213
    "As the messengers of the cross (The Apostle Paul) went about their work of teaching, a woman possessed of a spirit of divination followed them, crying, "These men are the servants of the most high God, which show unto us the way of salvation. And this did she many days."

This woman was a special agent of Satan and had brought to her masters much gain by soothsaying. Her influence had helped to strengthen idolatry. Satan knew that his kingdom was being invaded, and he resorted to this means of opposing the work of God, hoping to mingle his sophistry with the truths taught by those who were proclaiming the gospel message. The words of recommendation uttered by this woman were an injury to the cause of truth, distracting the minds of the people from the teachings of the apostles and bringing disrepute upon the gospel, and by them many were led to believe that the men who spoke with the Spirit and power of God were actuated by the same spirit as this emissary of Satan.

For some time the apostles endured this opposition; then under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost Paul commanded the evil spirit to leave the woman. Her immediate silence testified that the apostles were the servants of God and that the demon had acknowledged them to be such and had obeyed their command." -Acts of the Apostles, 212,213

5. Living_stone

Living_stone New Member

I grew up in Phelp's home-town of Topeka, KS. He's a hatemonger.

He has a website, www.godhatesfags.com which I'd not recommend going to.

HOWEVER, there is an awesome parody site: godhatesfigs.com

It's pretty funny.

Growing up in Topeka, I can say honestly that his form of "activism" only served to polarize the community towards the gay community, because "nobody want's to be a Phelps".

I even went to school with some of this kids (and those in his "community") who tried to list their picketing time as "community service" when running for class offices and such.

And they picketed both my church and my highschool!