1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Westbro Baptst Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by KINGSDAUGHTER, Mar 14, 2006.

1. KINGSDAUGHTER

KINGSDAUGHTER New Member

Is anyone here familiar with this group? Fred Phelps, the pastor seems like he has flipped his lid, if what I see online is true.

Just curious.

Thanks

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Phelps'"church" is mostly his family. He's been doing this kind of thing for years -- no Christian group that I know of supports him or claims him.

From what I've read about him, it seems almost like he's a cult leader with his own little cult.

Although I am against the pro-homosexual Equality Rides to the Christian colleges (currently being discussed on another thread), I totally reject Phelps and his hateful tactics. Unfortunately, not enough Christians speak out publicly against what he's doing.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

4. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

They truly are hateful people. See the following link to our film. You will be able to tell their posts by the hate they spew at everyone but themselves. They are basically a small family cult, which believes no one is getting into heaven except members of Westboro.

Sodom and Gomorrah

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'll be glad when Phelps is physically unable to sire any more members.

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

KINGSDAUGHTER asked:

Fred Phelps, the pastor seems like he has flipped his lid, if what I see online is true.

Fred Phelps is a hatemongering exhibitionist who gets entirely more press than he deserves. The sooner people start ignoring him, the better.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Mt. 7:15-23 "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. "You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? "So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. "So then, you will know them by their fruits. "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. "Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'