1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Westcott and Hort GNT

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Deacon, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An remarkable book is offered by Hendrickson Publishers next month (November 2006).

The Greek New Testament: with Dictionary [link] by B. F. Westcott / F. J. A. Hort

900 pages / Size: 5 x 7.375 inches / Binding: Imitation Leather / ISBN: 1565636740 / Price: $34.95 / Pub Date: November 2006

What makes this addition noteworthy is that while the book does not supply a full critical analysis, the comparative apparatus offered shows every place where the (eclectic) NA27-UBS4 editions and the (Byzantine) “Majority” editions vary; this means the reader has not only the complete WH text but through the apparatus, but the complete NA27 and Robinson-Pierpont Byzantine Majority texts as well.

Also all the citations of the OT (that Westcott and Hort highlighted) are preserved in boldface type, with the biblical references at the bottom of the page.

Rob

#1 Deacon, Oct 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2006
  2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

It's all Greek to me... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am sure this volume will be helpful to those who can use it. As for me, my knowledge of Greek is severely lacking, and I am afraid this volume would sit on a shelf gathering dust. I have in interlinear Greek NT that I have not picked up in years...

#2 Keith M, Oct 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2006
  3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ho, hum. I just happen to have a first edition of the 1882 American 2 vol W&H (the NT and another volume of their theories and notes). Eat your heart out! I bought it for research purposes in 1986. Oh, yes, and it had a personal letter from Hort to the original owner in it when I bought it. :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

I know, that was cruel, stealing your thunder. But seriously, the new W&H ed. you are describing sounds great for research. I'm afraid to open mine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.