1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WFU Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by mcdirector, Nov 12, 2006.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

They won! They WON! I am still in shock. I know they are good this year, but this is more than I could have hoped for. They won! Poor Bobby. . .

I heard this last night, but here it is in living color in today's paper:
    http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149191656269

#1 mcdirector, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2006
  2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Congrats to Wake Forest. Wake is having a season that could be the best in school history. Glad to see it...glad to see the ACC get recognition for someone other than VA Tech, FSU or Miami. I'm pulling for WF in the Atlantic divison. I just don't care for Maryland all that much.

#2 TomVols, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2006
  3. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

Liberty played the Deacs closer in Winston-Salem than FSU could in Tallahassee. Perhaps the Flames need to schedule the 'Noles for an easy victory next season. :laugh:

During our gameweek a number of us LU guys posted all week on the Wake message boards. It was fun disspelling all of the myths about Evangelicals being mindless idiots. There were even a few Christians on there who stepped up to defend all of the bashing of us.

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Congrats to WF. Just need to get by Maryland and VTech (or hope that Maryland loses to BC) to get into the ACC championship in Jax.

From a GT standpoint, I would rather play WF than Maryland in Jax. One, I'm not sure GT can beat Maryland twice in one year. Secondly, I think it would be great to see a GT/WF ACC championship -- combined enrollment of only 16,000 undergrads.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Congrats on an ACC championship, a great season for WF

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, my husband is talking about a trip to Miami . . .

This was after watching the BB team lose to GA. mmmmm

I did buy a new WFU shirt today in celebration of WFU football :thumbs:

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Kudos on the ACC championship!

8. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Congratulations on your win over GT. Of course, you had one big advantage -- we had Reggie Ball on our team. At least by GT losing, I saved about $400 in tickets to the OB.

Hopefully, you & your husband will make it down to the Orange Bowl. If you do, let me know & I can provide some insight of of where to stay, what to do, etc.

There's a lot to do in addition to the game -- OB Basketball Tournament, a Junior Tennis Championship Tournament on Key Biscayne and an event Fairchild Gardens, just to name a few. See http://www.orangebowl.org/tickets.php for more information. Also, I normally have access to some pretty good OB tickets if you have trouble via WF.

Good luck against Louisville!