1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whales

Discussion in 'Science' started by UTEOTW, Nov 24, 2004.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two facts you are assuming that may not be accurate;
    1) to cover Mt. Everest
    2) over 11 feet of rain per hour for 40 days

1- you don't know factually that what is now Mt Everest even existed then; it just may be that "any hill over 500 ft. was created post-flood."

2- Although it may have been possible THEN for 11 ft/hr to fall for 40 days, the following scripture gives another source of part of the water

You will note that I opened with the following: "Two facts you are assuming that may not be accurate"

No human today KNOWS what the conditions were then, and all we have is God's word to tell us.
    Science looks at evidence and reaches a conclusion. Is that conclusion correct? You (generic "you" for evolutionists/OE) believe science is correct, so you deem God's word NOT LITERAL. We (generic "we" for creationists/YE) do not believe the science conclusions are correct because we deem God's word to be just as He states it.

Therefore we are right back to "Who do you believe, God or man?", since there is absolutely no way to PROOVE either side!

2. P_Barnes

P_Barnes New Member

J-W-P,

I kind of know what you're saying, but I was forced to reject this line of thought years ago. It simply is just too "magical" for me. It's what I've heard atheists call the "goddidit" argument.

So if there are any problems between modern science and The Bible, we can just flatten Mt. Everest, guess that several quadrillion gallons of water were kept below ground for just this purpose, kangaroos hopped over to Noah, Kangaroos hopped their way back from Mt. Arrarat, penguins waddled to and from, all of the earth's plant life somehow survived below several miles of water, Noah figured out a way to keep the lions from eating the sheep, Noah and company somehow had enough eucalyptus to feed the pandas (hey, it's no problem, the pandas were hibernating).

I want answers (in general that is, I'm not demanding them from you ;) ) and my mind will not allow me to stop at "God can do whatever he wants".

3. P_Barnes

P_Barnes New Member

Or is it Koalas that eat eucalyptus? Oh well.

4. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Gup

Do you yet have an answer for why whales share dozens of pseudogenes for a land based sense of smell of why they test so genetically similar to the camels and pigs and deer as the fossil record tells us they should? You keep claiming that the fossil record could be just a series of discretely created organisms, yet you do not seem to have an answer for why we should be able to make these other complementary observations in such a scenario.

And there is good reason. It is because these animals really are related through common descent and there is no other coherent theory to explain ALL of the disparate observations.

5. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Maybe one day you will find a FAQ on AIG or ICR onm this...

I guess we will not ever hear an answer from you in the interim.

6. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Anything?

7. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

You keep telling us that there is nothing that says that the supposed trnasitional series are anything more than discretely created kinds.

So here is a thread where the molecular and genetic data supports the fossil record. You keep telling us that you can explain that data better, too. You sure are not rushing after the opportunity presented to you!

Do you care to explain the items presented on this thread without being arbitrary and capricious or spamming us with some off topic rant that happens to have the word "whale" in it?

8. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Please take this opportunity to detail for us all of the disparate data that points to the evolution of the whales. You have said that you can do it.

9. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

I raised some issues about whales on another thread as an answer to a question. Since we already have a thread to discuss those issues, I am bumping this up to the top. That way if anyone wishes to discuss those issues, we have a separate thead and can hopefully prevent the other from going too far off topic.

If you are new to this thread, I would suggest starting on page 1.