1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What’s Become of Americans?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. So because I never had the opportunity to serve in combat... I can have no valid perspective on anything, right? :rolleyes:

You really need to get over yourself. Someone doesn't agree with you and you find some reason to make yourself morally superior to comment on the topic than they are. You don't like my opinions then argue against their merits. But get off your high horse.

I made myself available to my country and served as it asked. If that isn't satisfactory to you... tough. And yes, had I been asked to go, I would have left my wife and young daughter and gone. No question about it at all.
    War IS an extension of politics.

And yes I know and have seen the personal costs first hand. If that's the issue to be discussed then you'll find me completely sympathetic and appreciative of the sacrifices that were made. You are completely and totally ignorant if you think my heart doesn't break for those who have died, their families, and maybe especially for those who will bear the scars of sacrifice for the rest of their lives.

A friend of my dad's was the 50th American killed in Vietnam. He was an advisor to a S Vietnamese company. They got ambushed. He stood and fought. They abandoned him. He left behind a wife and three young children.

My dad saw a man's head taken off by an artillery round in Korea. My uncle was marched by a mass execution grave in Korea with his unit. The objective was to show them what happened to Americans captured by the Chinese. Another uncle was the sole survivor out of his platoon that was ambushed by Germans in Normandy- He's never been able to talk about it. I knew these things and still voluntarily joined.

No one can claim to know exactly what it is like unless they've been there. But I've listened and I do care. Again, you need to get over yourself.

No it isn't righteous. It is complete hypocrisy.
    Isn't it time you stop stereotyping and throwing out stupid innuendos like this. You don't want to deal with the issues at hand then feel free not to respond. Your condenscending attitude is neither warranted nor valuable to the discussion.

I endeavor to treat people here with respect even when I disagree with them. But your non-sense goes way too far.

You know nothing of me or my devotion to my country and its principles. Nothing of the utterly stupid suggestion you made above applies to me.
    Are you saying that it was not implying Bush and his administration?

2. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Oh how I wish that were true. I love America, but she's headed stedfastly in the wrong direction.

3. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Wait just a cotton pickin minute hill that is a poor excuse...your people and the bush culture have been in power for 6 years and basically the Clintons are moderate Republicans...take some responsibility for a change and look into that
    mirror with your support of the bush culture..perhaps it is because of the bush culture it is heading in the wrong direction ..did you ever think of that?

bush has put a for sale sign out for America the last 6 years...people are just now seeing that,
    him and his cronies are the benefactors as the middle class in this country drop out at alarming rates.

All the bushbots on this board really cannot save an incompetent leader...they must find myriads of excuses or straw men or blame Clinton
    as they often do when they have no one else to blame ..they need to blame bush for his poor performance and fearmongering this nation into being disliked in the world and actually causing more terrorists.

bush has hurt this nation and those who push his cheerleading fuzzy words without action ..hurt this great nation ..their must be accountability and bush has dodged that his entire life with a silver spoon firmly planted in his mouth...he has lived the life of a King and not anything close to the common American who plays by the rules everyday.

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I'm not sure what the "Bush culture" is but my support for this President is for his war on terrorism and against tyranicals like Saddam. I don't like his domestic policies and his unexplainable desire to engage enemies to help protect us. The economy is in great shape though.

..their must be accountability and bush has dodged that his entire life with a silver spoon firmly planted in his mouth...he has lived the life of a King and not anything close to the common American who plays by the rules everyday.Total nonsense. If anyone lives that lifestyle it is the Kennedy's. The Bush's live a very normal life for people of their income and position. You should worry more about the effect another Clinton administration would have on our global spiral downward. I strongly recommend "The year of the rat", a book/documentary about the life and illicit life of President Clinton and his wife. I've as yet not been able to finish it, because of the anger it envokes. It is so enlightening as to his/their unAmerican activities.

I know we are heading toward a one world order, the Bible says we are/will. I know it to be true. I regret that my party, the GOP, which always stood for good in the battle over good and evil, has such a large role to play in it. The true globalists will surface if somehow a Democrat wins the whitehouse.

This president has stood up against the rise of the most evil religion ever devised and for that alone, I am grateful. No new attacks on our soil since 9-11-01

5. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

And P.C. Roberts is a political hack masquerading as an author/authority.