1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What a difference.......

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ktn4eg, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

........50 years has made!

Fifty years ago in this week of October, US Ambassdor Adlai E. Stevenson II, before the U.N. Security Council DEMANDED that Soviet Ambassador Valerian Zorin confirm or deny the existence of Soviet-built missle bases in Cuba; when Zorin declined to respond, Stevenson said that he was prepared to wait "until h..l freezes over" for an answer. Stevenson then presented photographic evidence of the bases to the Council.

Now, any/all U. S. ambassadors (via the Secretary of State) officially speak not only to whoever is POTUS, but in essence, for the United States of America (i.e., you and me).

That was 50 years ago. Although I was only 16 YO at the time, I still remember watching that event in the U. N. Security Council being played and re-played several times. Many TV news/editorialists on-air pondered over whether or not the Cuban Nuclear Missile Crisis (as it was then called) would be the one thing to draw the U.S.A. and the Soviet Union into World War III.

Thankfully, it didn't.

Fifty years later, the Soviet Union no longer exists, but a strikingly similar nuclear missile crisis does exist today. This time it's with Iran, but the consequences to peace in the Middle East (and elsewhere) still remain.

Ambassor Stevenson spoke with (at least tacitally) the approval of Democrat POTUS John Fitzgerald Kennedy when he said what he did in that U. N. Security Council.

Fifty years later, we have another Democrat POTUS, Barack Hussein Obama in the White House.

Wonder what he's gonna do about the Iranian Nuclear Missle Crisis??!!?

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Fifty years ago Adlai E. Stevenson had proof the Soviets had nuclear warheads in Cuba. Today we have only the word of a few neocon warmongers who lied about Saddam having WMDs to go on.

What a difference indeed.

There is proof that Iran has chemical weapon stockpiles so why aren't the neocons going ape over them?

#2 poncho, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Maybe a better question re: Iran might be what do you suppose ISRAEL might do? :thumbsup:

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently you are misinformed. The UN has recognized the nuclear programs of Iran. You might want to research that.