1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What a Diner Did for Customers Who Prayed in Public Wasn’t Only Tolerant, It Was Down

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sure they can if they want to face federal charges. If she wants to continue what amounts to religious discrimination, she may just have to close her doors. I have no problem with what she did because I don't get the feeling she was trying to set off a firestorm. She seemed to just think it would be a nice gesture. Just a little something that she could do to let a customer know that I love the fact that you love Jesus and are willing to pray over your food.

And if it had been discovered that you were discriminating against a protected group with your practice you would have faced federal charges if it were not corrected.

That's your right. That's the market ruling. Operate within the market's rules, or the market will force you out.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Protected group" is liberal speak. :laugh:

You are hilarious.:laugh:

We are all protected by the same Constitution. Only a leftist would try to make some more "protected" than others.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You can call it what you want to. It's okay if you disagree with Civil Rights laws. It won't change them.

You are hilarious because you seem to think you're above the law. But that is downright Christian of ya.:thumbsup:

Only a leftist would think that it is spiritually okay to treat one person better than he treats another. But as I've said repeatedly, when it comes to the things of Christ, some of yall are about as liberal as they come because your actions are CONSISTENTLY as distant from the way of Christ that anyone can get.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh pious one, you continue to give us examples of your own self righteous hypocrisy.

Clean up you own house, oh pious one.

5. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I think the law is a good one. It protects us Christians should the world get so hostile towards us that they try and make us pay more than the rest of the world.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Is that all you've got? Can't refute your own disobedience that you put on display, now can ya? So you have to make it personal. I didn't tell everyone that I don't care what the law is. You did. But that's pretty consistent for folks who are spiritually liberal.

Molly Maids can handle it.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

If only that were true.

But it really appears that Christians are sometimes the only "unprotected group" (if you understand liberal speak) in the country.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's a very good law Sapper. Carpro just has to be against it because he prides himself at being the ultimate political "rightist" even if it does highlight him as spiritually waaaaaaaaaaaaaay left.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rampant hypocrisy is beyond their abilities. You'll have to return to the One in whose name you so piously judge others.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The spiritual liberalism is exposed for what it is and now all your fingerpointing at political liberalism can't stand it. :laugh:

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do agree with your statement.....

That is one of the comments you've made that I support. It's fine if we all disagree with you and you us, but, it isn't going to change how we see and do things versus how you do and say things. So go right on judging us, it won't change anything, anything at all! :thumbs:

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evidently you do not know the REASON ( not excuse) for his action.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have started a new thread to "expand" this discussion.

I did it specifically for Zaac. Since BB rules do not allow a username in the title - I am doing it this way.

Click for new link

14. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I know the reason. Do you? Maddox was a segregationist who like some on this board, say they refuse to follow the Civil Rights Act. He only wanted whites to be served in his business. When three black college students asked to be seated, Maddox deemed it an "invasion". He was an indefensible, out and out racist, as demonstrated by his actions. I actually met the man when I was in high school and he was governor of Georgia. Not a good guy in my estimation.

By the way, he was also a Baptist and a Dixiecrat.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    there was more to it - but you wouldn't believe me, if I told you - so forget it.