What about Abortion?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JustChristian, Nov 3, 2008.

?

What's your position on Abortion?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2008.
  1. 1) Anti Abortion - Republican leaning

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Anti Abortion - Democratic Leaning

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Anti Abortion - Independent (all other parties)

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Pro Abortion - Republican leaning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pro Abortion - Democratic Leaning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Pro Abortion - Independent (all other parties)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JustChristian

JustChristian
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

This topic dominates political discussion on this board. Let's get the truth out. For simplicity I'm grouping two positions together:

Against Abortion

1) In all cases

2) Except when the life of the mother is at stake

Pro Abortion

1) In all cases

2) In any other case except when the mother's life is at stake.

In other words, the Against abortion position only would allow abortion in that fraction of 1% case in which the mother's life is at risk. The Pro Abortion case would allow abortion in other cases.

2. donnA

donnA
    Expand Collapse

I think abortion only when the mothers life is at stake is too subjective. I've heard liberals say all kinds of stupid things about that, like the mothers chosen way of life, or her finical life, and people buy into it. It shows 'the mothers life is at stake' is too subjective.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Generally those comments are about the phrase "when the mother's health is at stake." Life means the mother will die if the pregnancy continues. I'm not an expert but tubal pregnancy might fit into this category.

4. donnA

donnA
    Expand Collapse

No it does not.

5. Palatka51

Palatka51
    Expand Collapse

I'm with DonnA on #2. She is right on.

My great grandmother died 2 days after my grandfather was born. It was the pregnancy that killed her. She left a note to her new born son that led to the salvation of the man's soul as he grew older. We have that original letter in our family safe. It was a witness to my grandfather, my dad and even me. Her sacrifice for the birth of her son has left a legacy of life. That witness has even directed our souls to Christ and that legacy is eternal. If my great grandmother had not given birth I would not be here to give Saturneptune a brain hemorrhage. And that is another thing he'll have to take up with God in my behalf. :D

6. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon
    Expand Collapse

Yes, an ectopic pregnancy like a tubal one that is not terminated can lead to bleeding and death of the mother and the baby usually cannot reach full term. Although apparently this one woman successfully delivered an ectopic full term baby via C-section. She is definitely the exception rather than the rule and praise God for that miracle.

#6 Gold Dragon, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  7. Bible-boy

Bible-boy
    Expand Collapse

There was a lady in my Sunday School class, when I lived in GA, who had had an ectopic pregnancy. She did not know she was even carrying a child. The child grew there in her "tube" (between her ovary and her womb) and eventually she miscarried. The child died. However, she (the mother) did not die. It is a lie of the pro-choice movement that an ectopic pregnancy will always result in the death of the mother.

8. KenH

KenH
    Expand Collapse

I am opposed to abortion in all cases for any reason.

9. JustChristian

JustChristian
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

They chose to kill your great grandmother rather than your grandfather. As far as the Sanctity of Life is concerned, I'd call that a break-even. Their choice.

10. targus

targus
    Expand Collapse

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that what you are saying with these words is that you are opposed to abortion in all cases for any reason for yourself.

Yes, I believe that you would never have an abortion yourself for any reason.

Do you oppose abortion for all people in all cases for any reason?

11. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon
    Expand Collapse

You are correct that an ectopic pregnancy does not always result in the death of the mother and for many it presents no major health risks because it is simply a spontaneous miscarriage. Any pro-choice source that says otherwise is incorrect but I doubt you will find that view is a common one among pro-choicers.

At the same time, death is a very real risk of a woman with an unterminated ectopic pregnancy as well as future infertility.

12. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

I am anti abortion with a SaggyWoman lean.

13. KenH

KenH
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I do. Unfortunately, the majority of my fellow Americans don't agree with me on this and probably never will.

I think that a problem Barack has on this issue is that he looks at it too intellectually instead of from the perspective that an unborn child is a child. I admit that I look at this issue from an emotional perspective as I don't think that an innocent life should ever be intentionally taken.

14. Cliff B

Cliff B
    Expand Collapse

That statement is as ridiculous as those who say that pro-lifers should also stand against all war. They did not choose to KILL anyone! She chose to allow her child to live, & let God determine her future. Why can't you pro-baby murder people accept when a woman chooses life?

God does not condemn all war in Scripture. But He does condemn all who shed innocent blood.

15. windcatcher

windcatcher
    Expand Collapse

:thumbs: Preach It!:thumbs: