1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What about cain ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 23, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That "idiotic question" is in response to your "idiotic" interpretation of 1 Jn. 3:18! The only criteria given to be "of the devil" in 1 Jn 3:18 is to be of those that "committeth sin"?

Are there any elect who have not committed sin? What about the unregenerated elect living right now? Are they committing sin? If they have committed sin then they are "of the devil" according to the criteria set forth in this text.

#61 The Biblicist, May 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  2. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I demonstrated that your interpretation of 1 Jn 3:18 is idiotic! I demonstrated that you cannot possibly use 1 Jn. 3:18 to prove only the non-elect are "of Satan" because the only criteria that John gives in this text to be "of the devil" is to commit sin.

1. Did Adam commit sin?

2. Are there any elect who have not committed sin?

3. Are there an unrengerated elect right now who are not committing sin?

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I do not reject the truth, just YOUR twisted version of the truth.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You have rejected it the Truth, that is all you have done ! Explain how I have twisted it , I dare you, and you have been very dishonest by misrepresenting what I have said. ! You have done nothing but slander !

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

You have did nothing !

Another idiotic question ! I have stated many times that the Elect sinned in Adam !

I have stated many times that the Elect sinned in Adam !

I have stated many times that the Elect sinned in Adam ! And the Elect sin in themselves in the Flesh.

Now how is this proving that cain was in Adam, and sinned in Adam ? By you Asking those idiotic questions has not disproved anything !

The fact of the matter is, when Holy Inspiriation gives Adams generation when He was made in the Image of God, Adam;s first born was not included ! Gen 5:1-5

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

And if you wonder why Abel is not included here, its because Seth was replaced as the seed for him. Gen 4:29

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Don't you read your own posts???!!???? It is quoted above, read it! You submitted 1 John 3:8 to prove that "Cain did not sin in Adam, but he sinned in his Father the devil" yet, 1 John 3:8 gives no other criteria to be "of the devil" than the ability to commit sin!

John simply says that "HE that commiteth sin is of the devil." Now I ask you again:

1. Did Adam commit sin? If so, then "he that comitteth sin is OF THE DEVIL"

2. Are the unregenerated, unconverted elect committing sin right now? If so, then "he that committeth sin is OF THE DEVIL."

Romans 3:23 declares "THERE IS NO DIFFERNCE FOR ALL have sinned" and he is speaking in context about "ALL THE WORLD" (vv. 19-20) leaving out "NO FLESH" but "EVERY MOUTH" and that there is NONE, NO NOT ONE that he is leaving out as he quotes Psalm 14:2 where God looked down on the "children OF MEN" and declared this to be the case with ALL leaving NONE, no, not one" out!

So you to say this context only refers to the elect is absurd!

Now, do us all a favor. Don't reply until you read what has been said carefully AND don't respond by simply picking out something from my post that means nothing when taken out of its context.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, you stated that Cain was not of Adam's lineage....'nuff said. If he isn't of Adam's lineage, then who is his father?

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I haven't read all the posts, but isn't this the Serpent Seed Doctrine heresy?

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Yes, that is exactly what he is attempting to palm off on this forum.

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

convicted

Where does the bible say that cain was in the genealogy of Adam ?

The devil Jn 8:44

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Scripture states that cain was of that wicked one 1 Jn 3:12

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

In both places the prep of is ek and means out of, from, by, away from

Cain was out of from the devil's seed.

The Elect of God, are out of Adam's seed 1 Pet 1:23

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Adam and his seed was corrupted by Satan, so it [Adam's seed] is that corruptible seed.

However the devil and his seed are what corrupted Adam and Eve and the Elect in them.

Now, scripture does not put cain in Adam's genealogy Gen 5:1ff and Lk 3:23-38

Now if you want to put him in Adam, you have no scripture support for it !

Now prove me wrong with scripture. I already know that cain was the physical child of Adam and Eve, but she never claimed him for her Son or her seed. She just said God has given me a man ! She never claimed him as her seed as is seen in Gen 4:25

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

Now I have already provided this before, and all you have done is provided slander, and misrepresentation, like a good christian does !

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Why don't you read them and find out for yourself what I have written ! Lets see how honset you are, so far I have been slandered and falsely accused !

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Where you're confusing people is that you're not clear with the fact that you're speaking of spiritual matters. You weren't clear until this statement that you're saying that Cain and the non-elect are spiritually of their father the devil, not physically. They put on the flesh of Adam, but spiritually belong to another lineage.

If I'm wrong about what you're saying, please explain further.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

What he is pontificating, Brother Don, is the "two seed/serpent seed" doctrine. He just won't own up to it.

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The fact is Abel is not listed in this geneology regardless how you explain his absence. The fact is that none of Adam's daughters or the wives of any men are found in this genealogy. According to your hairbrain reasoning there are no saved women for over hundreds of years because no women can be found in this geneology.

It is obvious you don't know what you are talking about. No one denies this is a geneology of first born sons in the lineage of Adam among his godly descendents but he had other sons and daughters NOT NAMED (Gen. 5:2)because they were not first born sons and or not godly descendents while the geneology of Cain lists first born sons among his ungodly descendents but no one attributes Satan as a literal SEXUAL father of Cain but merely his SPIRITUAL father.

Furthermore, the fact that only one family (Noah's family) were saved shows that the remainder of ADAM's Geneological family were lost.

Hence, the truth is "HE THAT SINNETH IS OF THE DEVIL" and that includes the WHOLE HUMAN FAMILY but election to salvation was restricted within the geneology of Genesis 5 but that does not mean all of Adam's geneological descendents were saved any more than all the geneological descendents of David's line were saved or that all the geneological relatives of Joseph and Mary were all saved.

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

More slander and misrepresentation !

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Abel was replaced by Seth ! Gen 4:25

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

Evidently, Abel was the seed of hers prior to Seth !

17. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Only ONE of his own sons are listed and NONE of his daughters are listed and yet Genesis 5:4 says:

4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

Look at the rest of the names in this geneology and the same is true with them. Seth replaced Abel as his FIRSTBORN heir and all of those listed in this geneology are FIRSTBORN heirs.

In Genesis the FIRSTBORN heir is hardly ever the firstborn child like Cain.

This is not a geneology of only the saved but it is Adam's geneology of firstborn heirs through whom eventually the Christ would come as found in Luke 3:36-38.

36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
    37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
    38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Not all of Adam's sons that were born and created IN ADAM are listed here.

NONE of his daughters that were born are named here.

NONE of his firstborn lineage include ANY WOMEN

Why? Because they were not FIRSTBORN heirs.

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

I never said that satan was the sexual father of cain, I do not believe that could be possible, yes he was the spiritual father of cain, but God ordained that satans spiritual children have a physical existence through Adam and Eve, since the nature that the elect would now partake of would be fallen and corrupt as the children of the devil's any way. However, God creates the children of devil with a fallen nature out of the seed of the serpent, and He creates the elect with a fallen nature out of the seed of a Fallen Adam.

I have already proved that with cain being said to be of that wicked one 1 Jn 3:12, and what the word of ek means.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

However, the Elect are not of that wicked one by nature, but the corruptible seed of Adam 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed[Adam], but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The corruptible seed of Adam, and the seed of the serpent are Two different seeds, though both sinful !

Another was of explaining this is, The Elect have Adam as both their Federal and Natural Head, but the Seed of the Serpent has the devil as their Federal Head, but because of sin, they have Adam as a Natural Head also, because otherwise the seed of the serpent could not reproduce.

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

That does not mean nothing or disprove anything. Seth was the Seed that relaced Abel, and carried on that seed of which Christ, the Seed of the Woman would come according to the flesh ! Lk 3:23-38

23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,

25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,

26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,

27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,

28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,

29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,

30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,

31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,

32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,

33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,

34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,

35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,

36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,

37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

This fulfills that Christ would be of the seed of the woman, which was Adam, because Eve was under His Headship !

Cain could have never been in this Godly Line of the Elect in the Flesh. When God made Adam and Eve one it was mainly for the Godly Seed here Mal 2:15

And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed.

Thats the seed Eve meant here Gen 4:25

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

20. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

So you believe that the only woman saved by God for nearly 1600 years was Eve and no other women were of the godly line? No women are mentioned in this geneology other than Eve.

Your position is absurd and silly! Look at the names in it. This is merely the line of firstborn sons of each man listed.

Satan did not beget anyone spiritually or physically. He is merely their father in the sense of the source of the fall and LIKENESS in the nature of rebellion - we were by "children of DISOBEDIENCE."