1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What about Rom 10:9-10 ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 25, 2012.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You post is not worth replying to.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the basis of a sinners salvation is the death and resurrection of jesus, PERIOD!

faith is the way God has chosen to have it applied towards us in order to get saved by jesus!

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Well I hope in the future when you do, please be honest about the things you say as to what I stated, as you tell me, this is a Christian Board. There is nothing christian about misrepresenting what someone has stated, in fact, it is plain lying or bearing false witness !

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have you changed to "Christian theology" though?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your post was not worth replying to because you stated nothing was contradicted. Therefore it was needless for me to quote everything you stated. That is not a written requirement here. I posted what was needful. Then you agreed "nothing was contradicted." So, what is your problem??
    Move on.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Law of Faith !

That Faith is a Gift of the New Covenant, and its given to all whom Christ died, as He is the Mediator of the same Heb 12:24, Shed His Blood of the New Covenant Matt 26:28, it is because Faith is one of the Spiritual Laws that God promised to write on our hearts, as the Covenant Promise goes Heb 8:10

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

One of such Laws is the Law of Faith Rom 3:27

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Law here means principle or doctrine and also a law or rule producing a state approved of God

In the New Covenant God writes in our hearts the principle of Faith to be governed by that doctrine of Faith, the end of which comes to pass that the Just [Justified by Christ's Blood] shall live by Faith, and also by this rule we all come to know the Lord which also the Covenant promises Heb 8:11

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

The knowing here is Savingly and Experientially and a knowing that gives a Knowledge of Eternal Life 1 Jn 5:13

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

This knowing knows experientially the Truth 1 Jn 2:21

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

The Covenant ensures that all the Covenantee's Know God by Faith, that Law shall be written in their Hearts ! Thats why Paul said this Rom 10:8

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Faith unto Salvation

Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Faith unto Salvation or Believing on Christ Acts 16:31

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

This type of converting Faith does not come by the natural man exercising his so called freewill and getting saved thereby, but it [faith or believing on Christ] is the result of the Spirit's Illumination of Christ to spiritual faculties, for except this be the case, none could savingly believe on Christ. The enlightened sinner has spiritual eyes opened to see the spiritual suitableness and preciousness of Jesus Christ Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The seeing there is not a physical seeing, but a careful mental, attentive seeing with spiritual faculties.

Its a beholding of the Son,

Its defined also as:

of important persons that are looked on with admiration

Also to see Him as Precious 1 Pet 2:7

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

The word precious here means: praise of which one is Judged worthy, and its this spiritual estimation of Him that calls forth believing in Him, and this is foreign to the natural will of man !

The Spirit in His Illumination Work, His Revealing Work, is also called the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the Knowledge of Him, Christ Eph 1:17,18

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

He it is that which prepares us for the Understanding of Divine Truth set forth in the Gospel Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

In the order that we may know the Hope of Our Calling in the Gospel Vs 18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

2 Thess 2:14

Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is what means in Jn 16:13-14

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine [The Head], and shall shew it unto you [ My Church the Body].

There must be a prepatory working of the Holy Spirit before we can Believe on Him savingly or in conversion, Faith is a revealing of Christ into the heart and soul of a Person Gal 1:15-16

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

When He is revealed in us, then we Believe on Him !

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Faith to believe in Christ for Salvation is but one of the many "all spiritual blessings" God has Blessed us With in time, due to the choosing us in Christ before the foundation of the World, and for this it is stated, that in behalf of Christ, it has been given not only to believe on Him, but also to persevere under trial and suffering Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

This means also that those who fall away because of persecution of the Word as here Matt 13:20-21

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Lk 8:13 says

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Those that fall away makes it manifest that they could not have been the ones who it was Given to Believe on Him and Suffer for His sake as in Phil 1:29 !

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

God has indeed chosen those saved to be found in christ, but they are found in him once faith placed unto Him, thus confirming there are elect of/from God!

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

God in Christ gives Repentance !

Acts 5:31; Acts 11:18

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

The man of sin followers or the antichrist crowd, they have practiced much deceit in order to rob Christ of His Glory in Saving a Sinner; that through His work on the Cross, He hath obtained and does bestow upon all for whom He died, Repentance unto Life ! However they by their craft and deceit have taught and do teach that repentance is a duty, a condition that men must perform in order to their justification before God ! The fact is, that both faith and Repentance are things that are well pleasing in God's sight, that the Covenental Death of Christ, as the Shepherd of the Sheep procured for them through the blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20-21

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Note Vs 21 God does or will do, for all whom Christ died [all the sheep] in us, that which is pleasing in His sight, THROUGH JESUS CHRIST , and it is to Him be the Glory, forever and ever, but no , the man of sin followers, the conditionalists, would steal this Glory from Christ, and crown themselves with it, and whom shall shortly give an account for it at the White Throne Judgment !

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John the baptist told people to repent,a s the Kingdom of God was nigh...

was he sinning in saying that?

12. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He is a heretic and you are not going to change him. The best thing to do is simply let him rant and rave and ignore him.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'what is impossible for man is possible for God"

Hopefully, the Lord will open his heart and mind...

Why is he still allowed to post I wonder?

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Who calls upon the Name of the Lord to be saved ?

Rom 10:13

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The antichrist teachers have hijacked this scripture to teach that Christ died for all without exception and now they all have a chance to get saved if they call upon the name of the Lord ! That is false teaching. This scripture is just Paul reminding that Salvation through Christ, the promised Messiah provides Salvation for both Jews and Gentiles alike vs 12

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

But the question remains, who are those that do actually call upon the name of the Lord and shall be saved ?

First thing to understand, it is those who have been quickened to spiritual life who had been dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

That quickening is what saved them ! and made them alive !

So it is written here Ps 80:18

18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name. or ESV

Then we shall not turn back from you; give us life, and we will call upon your name!

Quickening or Life precedes calling upon the name of the Lord, and that quickening is what saved us Eph 2:5, so those who call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved, meaning their calling upon His Name gave evidence that they had been quickened or saved already !

So calling upon the Name of the Lord in Rom 10:13 is not stating a condition that man must do to get God to save him, but stating a fact that the Messiah has saved all those calling upon Him both of the jews and gentiles as they had been called Rom 9:23-24

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Rom 10:12 confirms Rom 9:23 that those Calling Upon the Lord in Vs 13 are recipients of the Riches of God's Mercy !

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Who calls upon the Name of the Lord to be saved ? 2

Again, who are the whosoevers that call upon the Name of the Lord in Rom 10:13

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

We have shown previously that it is both jew and gentile elect and called ones, whom God has been rich in mercy towards them, and who had been quickened or made alive spiritually Ps 80:18; Eph 2:5.

But lets not stop there, for it is the Elect Remnant out of mankind spoken of here by the Prophet Joel Joel 2:32

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered or saved: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

The remnant whom the Lord shall call, agreeing with Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Again,m it is a product of Christ's Riches that any call upon the Name of the Lord Rom 10:12

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Literally He is being rich to all them calling upon Him, for it is by His being rich to them that they are being enabled to call upon Him !

Its as Paul said that the Lord was merciful to him here 1 Tim 1:14

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Also Paul had related the Prophecy of Joel 2:32 to his present time, where the remnant is named there, Paul names it here as that remnant according to the Election of Grace Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

This is very noteworthy because it Identifies the jewish remnant of Joel 2:32 as belonging to the outcalling of the Church, and not to be at some future time as the false teachers of today teach.

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Eph 2:8

Eph 2:8,9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The False teachers of the Antichrist have hijacked this precious truth to teach man glorifying condionalism, they say that faith here is the condition that man must meet or perform to get himself saved by Grace; but such wresting of scripture makes Salvation out to be by works, or the doings of men, the very thing that the verse is teaching against vs 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The fact of the matter is nether Grace by which one is Saved, or the Faith through which one is Saved of themselves, but the Gift of God !

Now in what sense is Salvation through Faith ? Faith here means Gospel, as in we Preach the Gospel, We preach the Faith Rom 10:8

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Its by believing the Gospel of our Salvation [Eph 1:13] revealed to Faith: The Knowledge of ones Salvation is revealed to Faith by the Gospel Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

This Knowledge is by a revelation of the Spirit, so through Faith in Eph 2:8 means a Knowledge given of Salvation by the Gospel, we come to know we are saved through Faith or Spiritual Knowledge !

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

1 Jn 5:11 What is the Testimony of God ?

1 Jn 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

The word record here is the greek word martyria and means:

a testifying

a) the office committed to the prophets of testifying concerning future events

2) what one testifies, testimony, i.e. before a judge

Now God has given a Testimony, That He has given some Eternal Life in His Son.

First lets look at the word given, it is not meant as many false witnesses teach it, as an offer, a making something available, for there is no such lie recorded in the scripture that presents Eternal Life as an offer; for its premised on a Promise Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

2 Tim 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus[1 Jn 5:11],

1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised Now Titus 1:2 has us to know that it was a promise made before the world began, for it was a Promise made to the Surety of the Everlasting Covenant, that all for whom He died and fulfilled all the conditions of the Covenant in behalf of, that they be given Eternal Life, not offered. The Next word to look at is US in 1 Jn 5:11 " Hath given Us Eternal Life" Now who are the Us ?

#1. The Us are the "as many as" the Father hath given in Election Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

#2 The Us are the Sheep Jn 10:26-29

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

#3 Believers Jn 3:16 and Acts 13:48 and believing is not an condition to get eternal life, but the outcome of having been given it as it was promised to them believing, as they were in Christ their Covenant Head, when it was promised to Him for them before the world began Titus 1:2, and so they had been ordained to Eternal Life through their Eternal Union with the Covenant Head, Christ Jesus 2 Tim 1:9 !

So the conclusion is this, anyone preaching or teaching or testifying that Eternal Life is a indiscriminate free for all offer to all mankind, they are Liars, and except God grant them repentance to the acknowledging of the Truth, they are on their way to Eternal doom in the lake of Fire, with all liars ! Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness !

Rom 10:4

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

What this means, everyone for whom Christ died, no exceptions, there will come a time in their life, when the Righteousness of God imputed to their account will be revealed to them by the Gospel Rev 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

At which time they will begin to believe and understand that through the incarnation, that Christ was acting as their Representative and fulfilled all Righteousness Matt 3:15

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Yes notice Jesus words here as to why John the Baptizer was to suffer Him to be baptized by Water "it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness", But not for Himself, but for them He represented !

All the Righteousness He fulfilled here on earth to God's Law and Justice for those He represented, He also did carry it to Heaven to present it before His Father for their Justification Jn 16:10

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

It is this fact that is the foundation of His Advocacy Work of Intercession for all whom He died 1 Jn 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: Who is the Lord God Our Righteousness !

So all for whom Christ died shall believe and come to live by Faith in His Blood Rom 1:17 and Rom 3:25 !

Since all who come to Faith in Him or come to believe in Him, He did for them fulfill all Righteousness, and the Father is Well Pleased with all for whom He Represented, for Christ's Sake He is !