1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What All Believers Must Do!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 10, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether your candidate won or lost on Tuesday, it is paramount that each of us does as the Word commands:

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

2 Chronicles 7:13-15 (NLKJ)

This is the only way that America can be healed and saved. Leaders come and go; God is forever! Let's pray for those in office, that they may be led to do his perfect will, in spite of their own selfish desires.

Shalom! :type:

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

We, as a nation, have gotten "too big for our breeches". We, as a nation, have snubbed our noses at God. We, as a nation, are reaping what we've sown.

That being said, I know that God will take care of His. When Babylon "ramsacked" Israel, His children were taken care of....look at Daniel, and the three Hebrews who were cast into the fiery furnace because they refused to bow down to the golden idol that was 30 cubits tall, and 18 cubits wide. We need to pray for our country, our president(boy does he need it), and also the world leaders. We will never be cast aside, who have their trust in I AM.

3. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Rome made Christianity illegal, they tortured and killed Christians by the droves. Put animal skins on them and let the lions eat them.

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I pray that America doesn't go THAT far, but in this day and time, anything is possible. I read where for the Elect's sake, God shortened the days. Seems to me that God knew that if He let time go long enough, that not one christian would be in the world. I could be wrong, but that's what I believe that verse meant. Seems like with all the sin and evil in the world NOW, that we are at the very end of time.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And the church thrived and grew and prospered to the extent that eventually Rome asked the Christians to pray for them.

6. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the umpteenth time that snippet you have taken out of context only has to do with the nation of Israel. Read the whole thing...

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

OK , but keep praying for America!

HankD

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I was thinking as I read the OP that I had read somewhere the observation you make. Perhaps it was you. I agree with the point you make. However, I do believe that we should pray for our country. That being sait the United States is not a reincarnation of Israel of the Old Testament.

#8 OldRegular, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Yes, let's pray to God for mercy on our country. Please, God, not justice.

Is it okay to pray against the President if you believe he's taking our country in the wrong direction?

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

11. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

I agree...but...

SM...I agree that 2 Chron.7:14 was/is written to Israel...but....there IS a principal established there that should be equally applicable to our day. In the New Testament (with OT events in context) 1 Cor.10:11 establishes that the things that were written aforetime where written for OUR admonition. A similar statement is found written just previously in Romans 15:4. I don't believe we are given any particular guarantee of anything but it is NEVER wrong to pray and seek God's face in humble repentance. God knows we could certainly use a dose of that in our lives,our churches, and our nation in this dark day we live in. We just all need to get back to the simple (yet difficult) principles of repentance, faith, and the pursuit of holy living (Titus 2:11-13). I have a long way to go in my life....how about YOU? Thank God...THIS world is not my long home...just my current one.

Bro.Greg:praying: