1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What are the essentials in having a right standing before God.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Sep 30, 2013.

?
  1. Practicing the Disciplines: Bible study, prayer, tithing, service

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Spiritual Gifts: Administration, exhortation, preaching, teaching, hospitality, service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Signs and Wonders: Tongues, prophecy, healing, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dress Code: The desirability of wearing "proper dress" to church

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Practice of the "Liberties": The impropriety of drinking, smoking, dancing, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Church Attendance: Being in church "every time the doors are open"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Socio-Political: Working toward biblical morality in social and political issues

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Special Issues: Working to eliminate abortion and banning gay marriage on biblical grounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other: Detail in your post any issues is left out above

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  10. None of the Above: No position above is necessary toward my standing before God.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN BROTHER! BINGO! EXCELLENT PASSAGE.

I was going to say 'to have a conscience void of offense towards God and man', but yours is better.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Well to be honest I am not sure there is a lot of difference in the two. However IMHO in the second it is God who puts them in the heart of the one called and by his Spirit enables one to be a servant.

By their fruits.

Love one another.

We miss seeing that sometime on the threads, I fear.

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That first sentence says a lot. And it shows me I am still wearing him out and it is my prayer he is still wearing me out.

I believe there was a reason for the earnest expectation of Paul.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONLY absolute thing required to ahve a right standing with thefather is to have received Jesus as their Lord/saviour, and after that has happened, then dily bible reading/application/prayers/giving/worship/attending church etc all important!

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

To what extent are they "important"? For growth? For knowledge? What do these things do for the Christian?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are all part of the process Gid uses to daily make us grow up and mature, to becoming more into the image of jesus, which gets completed at the time of the rapture/Second Coming!

the maore that we commit to scripture reading/praying/witnessing/giving/worship/fellowship etc, the quicker that we become more as God intends us in becoming!

the Holy spirit will give us the words tospeak to a sinner, or a cultist, but He desires us to have a big pool of them to bring to our recollection when needed!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what would you rate as being the top 3?
    after getting saved of course!

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

I do far too well at expressing my opinions elsewhere on this board. I'm sure some would wish me to keep some of them to myself. :tongue3:

On this thread, I'd just like to see what others have to say, and ask questions when I feel led to do so.

I will say this: There are some in my poll list that are absolutely unnecessary to further the Christian walk, while there are others that, for Christian growth, are vital. While I think the ones that fall into that latter category are obvious, others may not think so, or may disagree with me about the others being "unnecessary."

That response should be a hint, I guess, as to how I answered my own poll.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think many would be surprised on just how much that we take for granted are a must to do for spiritual growth are actually more in preferences and convictions, as the Lord can tailor a specific plan for each one of us in growth!

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Amen, brother! That's the kind of thing I'm hoping to see on the thread. Thanks. :thumbsup: