1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Are We Thankful For...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by TrustingInHim, Nov 21, 2008.

1. TrustingInHim

TrustingInHim New Member

I hope I'm not duplicating another thread somewhere... but it's important enough to have 2 threads if there is another. And especially this year, when so much seems to be bad for so many people. God's people will be so blessed if we can be more thankful now than ever! Honestly, I've been working on this very thing in my personal walk lately. We are supposed to give thanks in all things at all times for everything (1Thes.5:18). I find when I do get my heart right about that, I'm a much happier contented person in Christ. :D

So please post something to share that might help someone else be thankful too. :godisgood:

Psalm 100:4, Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His Name.

I'm thankful for my precious daughters who are a rich reward from Lord. And for my mother who has always been there for me.

2. billreber

billreber New Member

I had to write a poem:

Thanks!

Family -- wife, sisters, brothers, Mom,
    Cousins, aunts, uncles, niece, nephews;
    All seated around the table together
    To share a meal of turkey and the fixings —
    I can give thanks for that!

Friends – church members, co-workers,
    Customers, neighbors, the post man;
    All people who make your life nice
    Amid the strangers who will be friends --

Animals – deer in the yard, dogs next door,
    Horses in the pasture, goats in a fence;
    All God’s creation living in peace,
    Even when they are enemies for now –

Things – a house, two cars, bicycles,
    Nativity sets, computer screens;
    All useful stuff that we often crave,
    When what we need is something less –

A Cross – bare wood standing tall on the hill,
    Holding my Savior until He dies;
    All mankind in need of the One
    Who made all family, friends, animals, things –
    I can give thanks for Him!

Bill :godisgood:

3. Navymans

Navymans New Member

I am thankful for Jesus and the price he paid for me, I am also thankful to God my father in heaven for all he has done and given me including beating me half to death when I got out of fellowship with him back in the 90s and not killing me but getting my attention, I am also thankful for my son being saved couple months ago and being baptized, pray for my daughter for she is hostile to the word, there is so much I could never post them all but God knows what they are.:godisgood:

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I hate to be a party pooper, but this is the debate section.

Maybe this could go down in one of the fellowship forums, like "other discussions?"

5. TrustingInHim

TrustingInHim New Member

Well....we can debate what we are the most thankful for, right? :laugh:

Seriously, sorry for the mistake... I'm new/green and didn't see the many forums that are here. I'll be more careful next time. But it is appropriate for us to give thanks in every forum - so maybe this is an exception.

I'll try to find out how to move it. Or can you PM me with a link or directions?
    Thanks!

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will move this to an appropriate site. But hope others will add thoughts.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

What am I thankful for,
    salvation, freedom, my grandchildren and their current good health, my husband who takes care of me, my adult sons who are fianlly doing well in their lives (still not in church though), for the life we have now compared to what we had when our kids were little, we never had enough food, heat, never decent clothes(I had 5 shirts and 3 pants, and shared Rob's socks, 1 pair fo shoes a year). God has blesssed us beyond compare.

8. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What I am thankful for -- my top 10 list:

1. For a spiritual heritage, with Christian parents and grandparents, and a dad who faithfully preached the Gospel for more than 40 years and introduced me to Jesus when I was just a child
    2. For my family -- my wife who knows me and still loves me, my children who came to know Jesus at a young age & make it a joy to be their dad, and my in-laws whose language & culture enrich my life
    3. For a church that glorifies & enjoys God, serves people, and lives grace
    4. For an excellent school, one that combines strong academics, fine arts and athletics -- all within a Christian world view
    5. For true friends who have stood the test of time.
    6. For a house that is truly a home.
    7. For where we live – a free country; an international city with a fabric of peoples, languages, and cultures (and restaurants); and a small, beautiful home town where you actually know your neighbors
    8. For our good health (and health insurance when needed)
    9. For a profession that allows me to provide for my family
    10. For the ability to travel and see the beautiful world that our God created