1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What are you Preaching

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Tom Bryant, Jul 1, 2010.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I preached from Gal 5:1 about what real freedom is and who paid for it.

Since I'm not pastoring, I did not have a series to break into. My best friend continued through Mark and the passage spoke to the real kingdom or true citizenship of the believer.

Kudos for using the Lectionary. You and I are the two Baptists on here who don't think it's a tool of the devil :smilewinkgrin: And I agree about flags. You don't see it in other countries.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes when I am suffering from sermon block:BangHead:, I check out the lectionary. I have found that it gives me ideas and puts my mind on a Scripture that I might not ordinarily think of.

Of course, when I am not suffering from sermon block and in the midst of a series, it is obviously the tool of the devil and a trick to get us back into formalism. (wishing for a sarcasm icon :smilewinkgrin: )