1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What are you Soteriologically?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HeirofSalvation, Apr 16, 2012.

?
  1. I am a Supra-Lapsarian Calvinist

8.3%
  2. I am a Classical Arminian

8.3%
  3. I am Amyraldian by conviction

8.3%
  4. I am an Infra-Lapsarian Calvinist

25.0%
  5. I am such a genius that no Previously discovered view satisfies me

16.7%
  6. I am a Molinist

33.3%
  7. I am an Open Theist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your always insulted......its part of your character. It wasnt even meant to be an insult.....tell you what, I will tell you when I insult you....then you can get into your little righteous act, fair enough!

#21 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  2. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

And talking down to people, trying to make them look stupid is part of your character.

hence my response

John

#22 seekingthetruth, Apr 16, 2012
  3. seekingthetruth

BTW, it's You're, not your!

John

4. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't...... you have option no. 7.... unless you are so informed on the topic... and so very nuanced in your personal understanding...above and beyond us mere mortals....you have a 98% chance of agreeing with ALL of the Theological propositions of one of those six groups.... would you be so good as to explain point by point, how none of those systems adequately represents your understanding? When you can do so......You can create a Poll about "regular Christians" until then...everyone honest enough to accept one of those labels...or at least to explain their objections to the available definitions, will have done so....

Allow me to put it this way smart guy:......
    There are (generally) 5 points to Calvinism/ with a nuance about 1 point: 5 points about Classical Arminianism, with few derivations... The Infralap-sarians and the Supralapsarians.... understand and know enough about their point of view to choose... The Amyraldian.... essentially accepts 4 of the 5 points of Calvinism but obsesses over the "limited Atonement" part, and insists on finding a way to accept the other 4 while rejecting that one....which is unacceptable to them.. The Molinist...like me...wants to have it every single way at all times....(but don't accuse us of committing ourselves to a particular view of time)....because our theology might not work that way...... and then...there is you....who has it all figured out.... Do tell.

5. seekingthetruth

A little bit of Calvinism is valid. Even less of Armianism is valid.

Not everyone fits into those two labels.

That is my point, smart guy. I guess you don't get it.

John

6. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

John, I can assure you that John wasn't trying to insult you nor call you carnal. You said "regular christian" which I've said something to you about. He asked what do you mean by regular Christian.

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

wow, you may want to get a different bowl of corn flakes.

8. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

O.K. you have succesfully distanced yourself from..by my count...3 possible options... you have 4 more to go...but seriously...explain, or just don't vote... I don't care.... I just want to get a feeling for how people view things...You make Bald assertions such as...

And....

Are you able to explain....point by point...where each one is valid, and where each one errs?....
    I am not asking you as if I don't know the answer to this question... I happen to already know that you do not know, and could not explain your objections to... either of those two systems

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I coulld care less....LOL

And so what is the plural for you're , is it urine? :smilewinkgrin:

10. seekingthetruth

Hey jbh

All i mean by "regular christian" is that I am neither Arm nor Cal. Most people here seem to think that everyone falls under one label or the other, but that is not the case.

The Cals call me an Arm, but truth be told, if it werent for a couple of points of Calvinism that I just cant compromise on, I lean closer to Cal theology than Arm.

Therefore, in my mind, i am just a regular christian, nothing special, just saved by grace.

BTW, yes, EWF did intend to insult me, he always does.....it's his nature

John

11. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Yes, you probably speak wisely....I get in a certain kind of mood though...I am only in my 30's but sometimes my patience is that of a man in his 90's...a definite weakness for which I must accept my own fault....admit it though....you wish you had said what I said....oh, and you are decidedly an Infra....did you not vote!!! vote man or BEGONE!!!!!:thumbs::smilewinkgrin:

12. seekingthetruth

And again, it's "I couldn't care less"

If you "could care less" means that you do at least care somewhat.

Did you take English in High School?

John

13. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

good answer. The problem is usually in the context it appears it is that you are a regular Christian and anyone that disagrees with you is a weird or non-regular Christian. It appears insulting, though based on what you said you are not attempting to do.

what do you call this?;) I have not read every correspondence between you two, but I know EWF to be nice.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, you have been in more fights than anyone can imagine ...and all because you think you are being insulted. Even when its not so. Ask yourself why that is next time before you go into a conniption fit. (Thats advise & not an insult)

15. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

You didn't end the sentence with a period.
    I think you mean, "your" instead of "you" here, but I'm not sure. However, your sentence is a fragment.
    :)

16. seekingthetruth

[QUO/TE=jbh28;1832778]good answer. The problem is usually in the context it appears it is that you are a regular Christian and anyone that disagrees with you is a weird or non-regular Christian. It appears insulting, though based on what you said you are not attempting to do.

what do you call this?;) I have not read every correspondence between you two, but I know EWF to be nice.[/QUOTE]

EWF and I have shared some very nice PMs. We disagree on theology, but I do respect him and even like him.

I think? he likes me too, we just argue alot.

Don't read too much into our arguing. EWF is one of the people on the BB that I would genuinely like to meet in person,

John

17. seekingthetruth

EWF and I have shared some very nice PMs. We disagree on theology, but I do respect him and even like him.

I think? he likes me too, we just argue alot.

Don't read too much into our arguing. EWF is one of the people on the BB that I would genuinely like to meet in person,

John[/QUOTE]

just because he can be a butt, doesnt mean i dont like him.

My wife is a butt at times, but i still love her:thumbs::thumbs:

john

18. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

And Yet.... you get on MY Thread...wherein 7 possible... allow me to repeat myself..SEVEN...possible options are there to choose from, and you whine about the idea that there is no approach nuanced enough for you??? You have squelched about 2 or 3 possible ones so far.... will you either:
    1) address the other ones
    or
    2.) Start a thread wherein you explain your heretofore unheard of new approach to the subject????

19. seekingthetruth

Nobody cares about your dumb poll, that's why noone is voting!!!!:godisgood:

John

20. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

This made me laugh! thanks! :D

oh, and so did post 39....

#40 jbh28, Apr 16, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.