1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What are you writing right now?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Rubato 1, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Are there any authors out there? What are you writing?

2. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I wrote a book about Self Reliant Living out in CO a few years ago, complete with photos. It's kind of done in a dream sequence theme, not matter-of-fact. People wanted to publish it, but with the photos, it became cost prohibative. Well, it'll be something to give to the kids one day, I guess. It was my third book.

love,

Sopranette

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Are you writing Rubato?

I am. I'm writing about my childhood to young-adult life in journal-style. Well, it probably runs to present day somewhat. It's been an attempt to come to grips with the mental illness that runs families and how it taints everything.

4. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I have several projects giong on that I would like to see published before I'm dead (I'm only 25).
    I'm doing a project on Jesus the Teacher, his techniques and methods from the gospels and Revelation.
    I've been at a research project on "What does the Bible say about Music" for about four years now, and have compliled much information there that I wish I could share with others. This project is far from done, and there seems to be no end to it.
    I'm writing study notes to a class called Bible Geography and History. I began this summer, and for every sentance I write, three more come to mind. This also has great potential, but I don't know if I will ever have the time to dedicate to it.

5. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I think this is a great idea.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

One of the problems with writing that I've found -- too much to say and cut away. I've found the same true when I draw and paint - to find just the write minimum that express what you want best is difficult.

7. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I would like to know where to go or who to talk to about what and how to publish. My topics are obviously in the Christian realm, so something like Zondervan or Nelson would be great. I want to get rewarded for the hours/days/weeks that I would put in to such a project, too.

8. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

What do you mean, 'dream sequence theme?'

9. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

It's sort of like a modern day fairy tale, with pictures.

love,

Sopranette

10. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

You mean, like Shrek?

C'mon, people! Let's be serious, here!!:BangHead:

11. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

No, not like Shrek, more like Brothers Grim. Or T.S. Eliot.

I am being serious here. It was a time in my life where I went through a life changing experience. My educational background is in Fine Arts, and this is the way I chose to narrate this story.

love,

Sopranette

#11 Sopranette, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am revising a book I wrote years ago about a fictional singles' group in a fictional church in a fictional Texas town. One publilsher appeared interested for a time, but finally decided to decline first rights (or, they lead every author who submits anything to believe they are interested as a matter of policy).

13. Chessic

Chessic New Member

I'm working on a Christian fantasy novel.

14. Chessic

Chessic New Member

I would love to hear more about this project. My life has been drastically affected by these issues and it often feels like I am alone in the fight.

15. Chessic

Chessic New Member

This sounds like an interesting idea, and not just because I'm from CO. I hope you find a way to publish it.

16. standingfirminChrist

What am I writing right now?

A reply to the OP.:smilewinkgrin:

Seriously, I have a collections of poetry and songs I am going to one day put in a book.

Many, many years ago, I wrote a children's book that was popular in the public library where I lived at the time, called "The Year I Met Santa"

I am presently working on a Christian Romance novel called "His Love, My Love."

17. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I have a book going for pastor's wives. It's called The Fishbowl family: Surviving Life as a Minisiter's Wife

I am always working on writing some piece of music - this week its an arrangement of It Is Well (new tune) for a 7th grade girls ensemble.

18. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Thank you. Someone did put it all on a CD for me, including the photos, but the pages are out of order on it. One of these days I'll take a look at it again.

love,

Sopranette

19. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, lots of authors and budding authors on the BB! :thumbs:

I am writing two books right now. I am about 85% done with Unsung Christian Soldiers, about heroic Christians who are unknown but to God. A good part of this was written on the BB Evangelism & Missions forum under threads entitled "Unsung Missionaries" and "Unusual Soul Winners." One of my favorites is the chapter about my mother's cousin and her husband. They were medical missionaries for awhile (he was a dentist), served God faithfully in their church, and decided to take on our support as missionaries. Then shortly after that they died in the Oklahoma City bombing.

The second book is a general introduction to missions, designed to be a college textbook. A bit of this was written here and there on the BB too. It's a long term project. I don't expect to be done with it for a couple of years. I'm doing a lot of research for it right now, reading books on missions and biographies of missionaries. :type:

20. North Carolina Tentmaker

I am working on the writing portions of my Doctoral program. (I have finished the class work) That is maybe not as glamorous as you published authors out there but does that count?

Part one is a ministry practicum that I am doing on planning and leading a revival meeting.