1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Book Impacted You the Most ... Other Than the Bible?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What book, other than the Bible, has had the greatest impact on your life? Why?

Looking back I would say that "The Wizard of Oz" had the greatest impact on my life as it is the book that began my love of reading. I was in the 3rd grade. My mother realized how much I liked the book. She went to a local college and borrowed all the Oz books they had in their children's collection, in the Library Science Department, and brought them home for me to read.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concerning the bible- The Sovereignty of God - Arthur Pink

Non-biblical would be a dime store chemistry book I had as a child, can't even recall the name of it. It would be/no doubt has been outlawed for today's generation, but I learned soooo much about the world around me from it.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

None Dare Call It Treason written by John A. Stormer.

The reason why I chose this book as the one that impacted me the most is for two reasons:

1. Its author was the person who was preaching the evening I received Jesus Christ as my Savior.

2. Had it not been for this book, I may not have ever heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the first place.

It's a long story, and I won't go into all of the details, but it was because a member of an IFB church near where I lived when I was only age 18 introduced me to this book that I (in a very round about way) first came to know that I was a sinner in need of a Savior.

The Holy Spirit took some two years before He led me to another IFB church located about 1,000 miles away from the other one where I received Jesus Christ as my Savior.

This is why I would say this this book had the most impact in my life.

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Christian View of Science and Scripture by Bernard Ramm (1954)

Although the science is now quite dated, the book provided foundational hermeneutical methods which helped me understand the relationship between nature and scripture.

Rob

5. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

The Holiness of God by R C Sproul.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    God in the Dock by C.S. Lewis.