1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what could one say as reply to this?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JimboJones, Nov 17, 2004.

1. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

You know what? If God is a twisted as he is in the Bible, I really want no part of it.

Example? The Exodus. When god made the King of Egypt "stubborn" so that the people of Egypt would suffer through the plagues, infestations, and death of every first born male. That is not justice, that's genocide. That is not the work of a just God, it's the work of a bad writer of myth. I'm doing my best to live my life in the best possible fashion, and if not believing in ancient myths means I'm going to hell, so be it. I'm not going to force myself to believe in things just so I can have a false sense of security.

:confused:

I would like to reply something to the guy who wrote this but I don't know what.
    I think the King was already stubborn, wasn't he?
    This is just the kind of stuff atheists come up with to attack God and I never know what to reply, this annoys me! :(

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

What a tragic choice to make JJ. That saddens me.

3. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

what??? :eek:

I think you did not understand that I did not write this! I want to know what to reply to the person who wrote this! It was not me.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Sorry - it looked similar to the questions you have posted before.

Jimbo, people have given you passage after passage in reply to your requests your answer is always - "I wish I could do that."

Pharoah had hardened his heart time after time, finally, according to the principle that God will eventually give man over to his own mind after rejection after rejection, He did so with Pharoah.

5. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

I do not remember the story of the Pharao so well. When exactly did God say he would harden the heart of the Pharao? Did he say it right at the start or did he say it after the Pharao had been stubborn for a few times?

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

He didn't say that He would.

However, He is just, He always does the right thing, and He does not have to answer to you or me.

What He did was right, it ALWAYS is.

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Oh Gee wiz Jimbo! You just about made my heart stop for a minut.... [​IMG]

I bet theres some here that will know the best way to witness to him.
    My veiw from the out side looking in...is that pharoh didn't know the God of Israel like Moses did...and that makes a big difference right there.

I know there is a place called the way of the master that has a how to to witnessing. I'll go look and see if there anything about it over there. BBIAJ (Be Back In A Jiffy) :D