1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Damage Does Arminianism Cause?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by KenH, Feb 25, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you don't have repentance and faith unless you first have regeneration. [​IMG]

2. romanbear

romanbear New Member

Hi ken; [​IMG]
    no where in scripture does it say that regeneration comes before faith and repentance.I'm sorry you just haven't proven that yet [​IMG]
    Romanbear

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is proven by John 3:1-8, 5:21, and 6:63. Regeneration is being born from above, being given spiritual life, and Jesus said the Holy Spirit accomplishes that in the new birth.

4. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

good point but where does faith come from? when you answer this correctly, you will be a calvinist </font>[/QUOTE]Massdak, did you not even read my post. I say faith is a gift of God's common grace. The question is not where faith comes from, we all agree that God gives faith. The question is, to whom does he give faith. Arminians say faith is common in all men but they must exericise their faith in Christ. Calvinist insist that "saving faith" is only given to the elect. That's not biblical. </font>[/QUOTE]ok bill, could you show me by scripture "common grace". and could you define grace as you see it biblically.

5. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Ken H,

There can be no slander when a person's theology is in error. When theology is wrong it is our duty to point it out. [Philippians 1:17] The Apostle Paul said, ' . . . I am set for the defence of the Gospel.' One can only hope they see the truth coming from God who is Light.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) But you are arguing against the truth.

2) That's why we keep working with you, Ray, so that maybe you will believe the truth. [​IMG]