1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Dave Ramsey say's about the Election and the Economy

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by givengrace, Oct 25, 2008.

1. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Dave, which bozo should I vote for in this election? Who’s going to fix the economy? Who’s going to give me the most money?

Well, I’m here to remind you that you’re going to fix the economy because your personal economy is up to you. It's not Washington's job to fix what's going on with you. If you are waiting on Washington to change something, you've got a long wait!

You’re going to give yourself money as a result of your hard work and persistence. Waiting for money to be taken from others and given to you is a spirit of envy, and it's wrong.

I’m not here to tell you who to vote for. But I am here to tell you that the government doesn’t have the capacity to fix your problems. Washington is full of bozos, and I am doing my part to send a lot of them home!

This economic mess is a reality, but we can each only control one thing—our reactions. Does this stuff define you? Only if you let it. The weird thing about the economy is that YOU are the economy! I learned this the hard way. I got my real estate license when I was 18 years old. By the time I was 21, interest rates had risen to 17% fixed-rate … and I still sold houses. How? Because I worked hard.

As bad as USA Today meant a recent article to be about what we think of the suffering economy and upcoming election, I think it’s rather encouraging that no one thinks that President Bush or Barack Obama or John McCain can fix the economy!

This may be the beginning of the biggest level of prosperity this nation has ever known if we don’t look to a candidate to fix our lives. How about we say, "I’m going to vote for the candidate who’s going to fix the nation. I’m going to fix my life, so leave me alone and let me do my own thing."

Don't react based on fear or panic. Don’t look to Washington to fix your problems. Why would you do that? At what point did Bill Clinton fix any of your problems? At what point did he cause you to prosper? At what point did George Bush end your career or cause you to prosper? When did Ronald Reagan fix your problems? Guess what? I liked Reagan the most, and while he was in office, I hit rock bottom and filed bankruptcy—but it wasn’t Reagan’s fault. It was mine.

So when you go to the polls in a few days to cast your vote, don’t get caught up in following a political party or candidate without knowing the issues they support. Do your research so you can make educated decisions.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EXCELLENT!!!!!!! First Rate!!! Spot On!!!

Now, if only the sheeple would listen and look to THE WORD for guidance, and not Washington, or Obama, or McCain, or either party, or -------!!!!!!

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is a good conservative essay but it doesn't account for our interdependence of each other. I can work hard as a brick layer, but if no one hires me to lay bricks, I won't make much money. We are interconnected and not exclusively in control of our own destiny. We are only primarily in control of our destiny.

4. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Of course, you aren't going to find anyone to hire you, if you insist on raising his taxes to the point that the brick laying business is no longer a viable enterprise. Yes, our economy is all interconnected, which is why tax increases on those filthy rich evil persons all comes back to connect a switch to your own behind. Be careful what you wish for, government lover.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

3% tax increase won't change your position to hire the brick layer or not. If you have need for a brick layer, you will hire him. The 3% tax increase will only lesson the companies profit which is not a person in corporate America. Most small businesses won't qualify for the 3% tax increase since most don't profit over $250K.

6. givengrace

givengrace New Member

You once replied to me as to a 3% raise for those of the over a whatever % PEOPLE (SORRY BUT IT JUST KEEPS CHANGING)
    I went to Obams website but never could find where he spoke of it being a 3 % tax increase. Can you please show me where you came up with this amount. Thanks

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'll do better than that, you can hear him say it in his own words while on the Bill O'Reilly show. Skip to the 3:20 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vc9-gmzUwI

He's saying he would raise the upper bracket from 36% to 39% which is the same they paid under Clinton. It is what he's always said since day one. I will look at his site but I think I saw it on fact check.

8. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Thanks but from what I heard him say that this is only ONE taxes he was going to raise. There were others they discussed. Also being raised. All totaled together it's a much high cost.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, there were other taxes but only effecting the top 5% of people. People who can afford to pay the extra taxes without skipping any meals or eliminating one vacation retreat. He will also give tax breaks to everyone making less than $200K which should increase consumer consumption which is a great stimulation to the economy.

A guy at the Church the other day pointed out that if 100 Mil middle class American's got a $10 per check tax break it would be equivalent to a $1 Bill bi-weekly stimulation package all pretty much guaranteed to be spent in this country and not abroad. Cutting taxes on the upper 5% only seems to benefit other countries whereas cutting middle class taxes should do more to stimulate our economy.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I guess he doesn't say the actual percent of increase on his site but he does say they'll go back to what they paid in the 90's...

http://www.barackobama.com/taxes/

11. billwald

billwald New Member

Ramsey is correct but to polite. If you are a loser under the Rs you would be a loser under the Ds, under Stalin, or under Hitler. And vise versa. Every economic system has winners and losers.

The BIG exception to the rule is inherited wealth. The billionaire ties his money up in trusts and his loser kids can piddle it away for the next 50 or 100 years.

It is inherited wealth that causes the increasing spread between the working class and the billionaires.

12. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Have you ever taken his class? Did you know he is a Multi Millionaire?

But has Filed Bankruptcy before this,