1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What denomination...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

And I very much appreciate your doing that.

I would like to read the Barnes book; can I do so online, or would I need to buy it?

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I have no problem with much of what you have written, and I don't understand why you are having so much trouble with what I'm saying. As an example, and to clarify, look at the part I bolded: I know this is true; I'm not saying otherwise. What I am saying is that the canon was not determined --or if you prefer, recognized -- by the end of the first century. It took much longer than that. The process of consensus was gradual and took a long time. The Shepherd of Hermas was written late, but it was still widely regarded as scripture for a while, until by this consensus process it was eliminated.

It's funny that you say the RCC is wrong and always has been; they would say the same thing about Protestants. The fact remains that there is the Protestant canon, the RCC canon, the EOC canon, and the Anglican canon, which takes a mediating position on the Apocrypha.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member