1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Denomination's Will Be In Heaven?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OLD SCHOOL, Oct 15, 2007.

1. shaneg

shaneg New Member

Seems to me it depends what you mean by denomination? If it holds to the fact that we are saved by Grace then yes and all our imperfect ideas on the peripherals will be answered and clarified.
    But on the essentials Doctrice will divide and it will divide Christiand from Non Christians till the end of time.

Here it comes :tonofbricks:

2. OLD SCHOOL

OLD SCHOOL New Member

Mr OLD SCHOOL,

What does this have to do with denominations? What's the point of your original question?

Absolutley nothing.
    I was just responding about how I felt about what he wrote.:type:

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Totally pointless is the answer. Not that denominations have anything to do with the population of hell per say, as it is reserved for the lost. However, seeing the percentage of Baptists on local church rolls that have not darkened the door in years, one could say Baptists will be well represented.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Hmmm! Didn't look down. Hard to do when your eyes are rolling upward!

OLD SCHOOL, if you are legit, welcome to the BB. And I hope you are legit.

Ed

5. OLD SCHOOL

OLD SCHOOL New Member

Ed,
    Thanks.
    I wouldn't lie about what I am now! I was a church phony all my life! I grew up a PK and have seen it all! I spiritually ran all my life. I made the false professions because other's were trying to get me to heaven! They mean't well but I wasn't real! Not until I was 36 years old did I cave in to the fact that it was all a game and I was only involved as a parallel. I got so convicted I didn't care what anyone thought, said or did I bee lined it to the camp speaker and set up a meeting and Got right! Confessed I needed a saviour, confessed my sin and man I can't wait for this life to be done with to see My God (Jesus Christ) who wrote my name in the Lamb's Book of Life I could go on forever about that subject! Ok, enough you get the picture!

Wayne

6. BrotherJames

BrotherJames New Member

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It ain't gonna be Baptist.........???????:eek: Who told you???

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Gee, I'd like to know who told that, too. I've always been taught that we'll all be Baptists in heaven, because then everybody will know the truth.

9. Choctawman

Choctawman New Member

I'll take it! I'll even clear the table and do the dishes! Just let me be there! :thumbs:

10. Choctawman

Choctawman New Member

I think this thread was meant for the church I grew up in. Not only were THEY the only 'denomination' that would be in heaven, their individual church body were the ONLY PEOPLE who were true "Christians" and would be saved. If you left that church location, you risked losing your salvation because another church using the same name may not teach the same doctrine and thus were considered heretical and a false church. Your confession and baptism were considered only 'valid' at that particular location. At least, that is what I was taught. If you moved and joined another church of the same name, you had to be sure they taught the same thing....

I didn't 'leave' them, I escaped and ran. Rebellion and escaping the hypocracy I observed and what was heresy they taught, even as a teen I saw through it since it just didn't line up with what MY Bible said....

Now, many years later, the old 'hard-liners' have passed on and younger generations have toned down the twisted doctrine they taught.... I would bet that when those old timers arrive at the pearly gates they will be shocked to see others there besides their own church members! Maybe even some of their Baptist neighbors! They might even discover a Methodist or two! Ha! :laugh:

I won't name them because I am sure there are those all across the country who are true to the word but, without stronger accountability between churches, it was easy for one to really get of the 'straight and narrow' or lapse into exclusivism. I feel sorry for those who fall for that rhetoric since they miss out on so much of the Christian liberty we have that they severely stifle their own spiritual growth and development. Funny, some send their preachers to preaching school but, they didn't believe in Bible schools or seminary education.

While I go to a Baptist church, I don't like to wear any demoninational label as I'd rather be known simply as a 'Jesus person' - that's MY denomination. :thumbs: