1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What did Jesus mean when He said touch me not

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Brother Bob, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Brother Jeremy Slone

I believe that John the Baptist is Elijah if you would have it. Like Jesus said. As far as Enoch and Moses I was asking a question, I am not really saying that but I am looking at it in the study it out sense. I was asking a question. I know moses died but so did John the Baptist. Elijah died not John the Baptist did. Enoch died not Moses did. Now you may teach me something about this but I don't want to debate you. I don't want to be your enemy but your brother in Christ. I think LeBuick said something about Enoch and I know they saw Christ with Elijah and Moses and I believe John the Baptist came in the same Spirit as Elijah. Look what Elijah says in some of his Scriptures its the same things J. the B. preached. As far as Rev. Ch. 11 is sounds like it would not be Moses in the manner that he died. ...

2. Brother Jeremy Slone

I believe that John the Baptist is Elijah if you would have it. Like Jesus said. As far as Enoch and Moses I was asking a question, I am not really saying that but I am looking at it in the study it out sense. I was asking a question. I know moses died but so did John the Baptist. Elijah died not John the Baptist did. Enoch died not Moses did. I know they saw Christ with Elijah and Moses and I believe John the Baptist came in the same Spirit as Elijah. Look what Elijah says in some of his Scriptures its the same things J. the B. preached. As far as Rev. Ch. 11 is sounds like it would not be Moses in the manner that he died. ...

3. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Don't Touch Me

Bro Bob,

You keep avoiding exact words of Scripture with surreptitious remarks!

Your first claim was that the Beast will be cast into the "Abyss".

I showed your error. Instead of admitting the Beast will be cast into "Hell", you now quote that the Beast will come up from the "Abyss". Of course,
    but that occurs 3 1/2 years BEFORE he is cast into "HELL". That kind of
    devious treatment of God's truth is worthy of disdain.

You base your rejection of TWO resurrections, one for the righteous and one for the unrighteous 1000 years later, on the words of Jesus that must not, cannot, contradict other Scripture.

The dead in Christ will be resurrected at AN HOUR for the "first resurrection" at the same time the Beast is cast into Hell ... at the start of the Millennium!

Only when the thousand years "should be finished" will the "rest of the
    dead be raised up" an AN HOUR when Satan is cast into "HELL" where the Beast and False Prophet will have been tormented for 1000 years.

Instead of accepting that Jesus spoke of AN hour for resurrecting ALL believers and another hour for resurrecting ALL unbelievers, you deny the required time to reward those who are killed by the Beast for ALL OF 1000 years beginning on the same day the Beast is cast into Hell.

This must be fulfilled for 1000 years BEFORE the Temple no longer exists in the New Jerusalem. Rev.3:12; Rev.7:15-17; Rev.20:4. For "there will be no Temple" in the New Jerusalem when it comes down from heaven upon/over the New Earth. Rev.21:22.

You have again made a devious diversion from the truth by refusing to recognize the Beast will be cast into Hell at the same time that the
    Believers whom he kills are raised up bodily in the "first resurrection". They must "serve God and reign with Christ in the Temple of heaven for 1000 years" until Satan is released from the ABYSS and cast into Hell where the Beast and False Prophet will have already spent 1000 years!

You have instead put the Beast into the ABYSS at the same time Satan
    is cast into the ABYSS. This is clearly false teaching done in a deceptive
    manner by your closing statement:

That is deceptive talk after refusing to acknowledge the Beast will be
    cast into "Hell" for 1000 years while Satan is cast into the "Abyss", the place from which the Beast came up 3 1/2 years earlier. This again is why I must challenge your mistreatment of truth even though I dislike having to do so every time we exchange views.
    Mel Miller www.lastday.net :wavey:

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Mel;
    You seem angry but I only posted where the bottomless pit and hell seem to be one and the same.

Rev: 17
    8: The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is

You show the Beast, Satan and the False Prophet in hell for a 1000 years and I show it to be the bottomless pit by Scripture. What is wrong with that?

#124 Brother Bob, Jul 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  5. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Don't Touch Me

Bro Bob,

Your Statement:

One: The Beast comes up FROM the Abyss 3 1/2 years before he goes to Hell.
    Two: Satan is cast INTO the Abyss at the same time the Beast goes to Hell.
    If they were the same place, John would have used the same word each time
    for the destination of Satan and the Beast at Christ's second coming. Instead,
    Satan goes to the Abyss and the Beast goes to Hell.

Once Satan is cast into Hell, there is no possibility of being released!!!

You falsely state that I place both in Hell for 1000 years. The Beast will be in
    Hell for 1000 years before Satan joins him there. Satan cannot be released from Hell at all. He must be released from the Abyss at the End of 1000 years to deceive mankind for a short time. Only then will Satan join the Beast in Hell.

How can you assume Hell and the Abyss are the same place when there is no reason for the Beast to be in Hell before he comes up from the Abyss? Once the Beast, or Satan, goes to Hell neither one can be released from its prison!

Not only do you take unauthorized liberty in DENYING 1000 years separates the casting of the Beast to Hell and the casting of Satan to Hell; but you assume without giving any evidence that Hell and the Abyss are the same place!! Once again, you fail to quote me properly and confuse people with an interpretation that has no supporting evidence.
    Mel Miller www.lastday.net :wavey:

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh, but the hour is come and NOW IS, according to Scriptures which He was talking about being dead in sin.

Marvel not at this, for the HOUR is coming when ALL in the grave shall come FORWARD and unto them that have done GOOD the resurrection of life and unto them that have done EVIL the resurrection of damnation.

That is the word of our Lord. no two different resurrections there at all just one. peace