1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you do if you have a problem and there seems to be no solution?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 13, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

my doctor doesn't know everything about me, how could he? i didnt know what this stuff has this side effect if I had known it I would directly have said it. I don't know if I can get another appointment this year and if there even is a med which is suitable for me. This sucks. I was really putting some hope in the med and thought that maybe everything would be better and then this. :(

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

If you truly want a solution, why are not willing to listen to the doctors and those who are trying to help?

You cannot say you want a solution and then reject help that is offered. Have you considered that the Lord might be using these people to provide you a solution.

I understand this stuff is confusing. Life can be confusing at time, especially when it seems that God does not hear or is not answering. God does care about you. He cares about all of His children. But yet many times our idea of how things should be, and His idea are completely different.

All of us suffer in this life. Look at the people in Scripture. Job is always mentioned as having suffered a tremendous amount, and yet God did amazing things in his life through that suffering. Yet there are many others who suffered as a part of God's journey. Read through Hebrews 11 and noticed how many went through hard times.

Going to the doctor and taking meds is not against God's will. Good Christian people all over the world are doing that and God can and does work through that.

You are trying to make God out to be something that He is not. Just because you are doing through a hard period does not mean God does not care for you. You are measuring God against your own experiences and circumstances. When we must measure our circumstances against God and His unchanging character.

I know it seems for you there is no way out and nothing that is going to work. I am sorry you feel like this and have so much pain and no joy. The people here are trying to help you see things more clear, but it seems that you do not want to at times.

This is why I asked you if you had a solution in mind. You say you want a solution, etc...but then you go on and contradict that in every other response.

I will be praying for you and again am sorry you are going through this.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I have different problems and the depression is only one of them and for the other problem I haven't been able to find a doctor who helped me or took my concerns seriously, this is what really gets me down. I have been to a few doctors now and I always hoped and asked God to make them help me or to give them wisdom or whatever is necessary to help me somehow but none of them did and this makes me feel so helpless and hopeless and I also don't know how to deal with this. Of course it affects my faith because I feel left alone with it not knowing what to do. It's a very comfortless situation. This has been dragging me down for over one year now and I am so tired of it and I wish I had a solution today instead of tomorrow but I have none and I don't know how long this will go on, maybe it will never end and I will never find a solution. I don't know how I'm supposed to carry on like this because I'm starting to become really distressed and there comes a point where you cannot even motivate yourself anymore or at least try to create some hope because you look at it realistically and know that there aren't many options left.

4. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    X - haven't you talked with your doctor in detail about your condition and the depth of your frustrations? If not, then do. Then he/she will surely know enough about you to be able to help.

You mentioned earlier having noone to share your concerns with. Perhaps your family lives far away, but don't you have a good relationship with your pastor? He can help. Talk with him.

#104 PJ, Dec 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2006
  5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

XD, I really don't know of much more we can say. Not knowing the specifics of your problem it's had to offer any specific advice. And you don't have to tell us what the problem is, it's none of our business, but you can't expect anything more than just general advice. I think you can see that there are plenty here that are concerned about you and praying for you. We all know how hard life can be sometimes and each of us could tell our own personal story. You have a decision to make. Do I accept the wisdom and help offered or do I reject it? It seems as if you are rejecting all help. I can place a plate of food in front of a starving person, but if they refuse to eat it they will die needlessly. Refusing help is a foolish decision. I pray that you will not take that road any longer.

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

smart woman.

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know X-Disciple-X has been raising the valuable questions all the time, and understand he has certain disappointments and depressions thru personal mails.

I would rather recommend XD to relax and leave everything to Him, our God thru Jesus Christ, who is the same for yesterday, today and forever.
    God is Light, God is Love.

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would recommend XDX to stop the medication in that case if it has the problem with side effects. It might have happened like that because God wants him to rely only on Jesus Christ.

Let me tell you my personal experience.
    I found the whole world is sinful and wicked, and the people are so much selfish that they don't care about others. I found no justice anywhere in the world. Even the churches were empty and were running the business only. The more problem that I found was that I myself was almost the same as others too ! The only difference was that I didn't reveal it outside and I was successful in covering up for myself. Then I found myself was detestable.
    At the end I started to cry What the hell is God doing now, if He exist truly? Is He enjoying watching the tragedy of the people as a spectator?
    If I meet God, I was very much confident to win over God! because I had plenty of evidences showing the problems of the world and that God was not doing anything. Finally I concluded that the whole world must be blown away, and I should be a forerunner in blowing away as an exemplar.
    I wanted to scatter away myself and therefore chose suicide bombing on the downtown Seoul, with some letters asking the whole world to follow me.
    I already experimented a bomb some years ago, I put the dynamite with my own device for ignition which was to ignite the black powder by filament with battery. The battery would turn on the filament of an electric bulb, then it heats up to 4,000 F, then black powder explode and the dynamite would explode. I put the bomb under a persimmon tree, then it exploded. It was a huge explosion and about 100 neighbors gathered around my house. My father had a hard time. Therefore making a bomb was not a difficult job for me.

I started to prepare the bomb to explode myself. ( This is my personality, Once I decided on something, no one can prevent it !)
    I was searching the raw materials on the chemical market. At that time, one serious question hit my mind !

" Are you sure that you can justify your logic in front of God?, Are you sure that God has no solution and He is just a spectator? Are you sure that your next life would be better than that of this world?, Have you confirmed enough that God has done nothing for this world? "

I was just a church-goer to a certain presbyterian church.
    Eventually I decided to check with an independent church which seemed to be sincere to me. I went to the church soon. After the service, I intended to debate with the pastor. But during the sermon, the pastor asked the people to read Galatians 2:20. Then I realized I was crucified with Christ! I lived no longer. The person who should be blown away was already crucified at the Cross. That was what God has done already! He has done for me and for the whole world a tremendous job! I didn't have to commit suicide! I felt a big burden on my back was flying away from me! On that day, I read the bible till late night, re-confirming the Bible verses, whether such messages are only in Galatians 2:20 or in any other verses. I wept again and thanked God for the truth. I didn't know it was the salvation or being born again. But some years later, I realized it was the experience of the salvation. Since then my life was changed. I gave up many things on this world, but I don't regret about it. Jesus was my spiritual savior plus physical savior from the cruel explosion of myself.
    I could have become the first Suicide-Bomber in the world, but failed!

#108 Eliyahu, Dec 14, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

No, and pardon the bluntness, but niether are you.

xdx is no troll. He is a person who is hurting.

A Christian who had the light of Jesus in their lives would act like Jesus.

You aren't. Please stop trying to spread guilt and condemnation, you really aren't very good at that, either.

Now.

xdisciplex, if you want, please PM me.

10. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

tragic pizza,

you act like Jesus?

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Let's just say that I tend not to kick people while they are down for the sheer joy of it.

Take it or leave it, I'm not going to get in a pooping match with you.

12. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

You accuse me of kicking people when they are down for the sheer joy of it?

I thought we werent supposed to spread condemnation?

and you are like Jesus?

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

To reiterate:

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

tragic,

maybe you shouldnt start one?

Originally Posted by tragic_pizza
    Take it or leave it, I'm not going to get in a pooping match with you.

15. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Goodnes, Claudia, you're right.

From here on out, heap hatred and condemnation on anyone you see who is hurting, anyone at all. Hey, maybe we can go join Westboro Baptist Church and picket a funeral or two.

By golly, you've helped me see that it's OK by Jesus if we respond to need with a closed fist!

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

oh brother.:rolleyes:

Im thinking tragic pizza may have been in the oven too long or something

#116 Claudia_T, Dec 14, 2006
  17. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

well anyway this is getting just too childish and so Im gonna just take all my hatred and condemnation and go hang out at the "Where did the black race come from" thread so that I can read all the stuff that tragic pizza has said there and get some ideas on how to be a sweet loving Christian...

Good bye! (slamming the door in indignation and stuff like that)

18. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Sometimes we comfort the afflicted.

Other times we afflict the comfortable.

xdx is the former.

You are the latter.

Have a nice day.

19. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Actually now that I think about it, I think was wrong of me to agree with someone accusing him of being a troll. But I dont see anything wrong with anything else I said.

I believe that you should always endeavor to think the best of someone unless they give unmistakable evidence to the contrary.

xdisciplex, my apologies to you for agreeing with the person who made the troll statement.

Claudia

#119 Claudia_T, Dec 14, 2006
  20. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

tragic pizza,

Im sorry, I feel bad about argueing with you..

Claudia