1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you do to prepare for Sunday?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by annsni, Oct 16, 2010.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm thinking the practical stuff - mostly on Saturday, I'd guess.

I'm busy working on getting the kitchen cleaned completely (which led into me cleaning the fridge), hard boiled eggs made (since we have a 40 minute commute and we leave at 7:30 am, it's a quick protein breakfast along with homemade muffins), kids showered and clothes picked out and all the Bibles/stuff/eventually computer in the "church tote bag". Poor hubby is on the couch watching CSI because he's suddenly coming down with a BAD cold and he's trying to rest a bit.

So what do you do and what does your wife do to get ready??

2. tonyhipps

tonyhipps New Member

This is from one of my posts. I just didn't want to retype it.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For Sara and I, Sunday starts on Saturday night. I don't do anything on Saturday evening unless it is totally necessary. I am home and quiet and reviewing my notes. But I try to relax before hand. We also have everything we'll need to take on the AM sitting by the door, so I don't have to rush or have a last minute "where is it?" moment.

We're up early on Sunday AM and leave before 7 AM. I hate rushing around on Sunday morning.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This morning worked pretty well. We're just 6 weeks into the new church and leaving early is NOT my cup of tea. We used to purposely go to the 11 am service (we live 10 minutes from our home church) so that we could have a relaxing morning. Now we need to be out pretty early - especially for a non-morning family. During the week, we're usually up at 7:30 and on Sundays, we need to be OUT by 7:30.

But today was a good day. I got up early to put together the ingredients for soup since hubby wasn't feeling well. I did most of the prep last night so it was just tossing it all in the crockpot and turning it on. We had most everything at the door and we were in the car and out of the driveway 5 minutes late. Not bad. :)

5. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Make sure to set the alarm :D

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To prepare for Sunday I do the prayer list and bulletin, then take it to the church to copy and fold and set out in the foyer. I also pick up the church's mail and go through it. While at the church I pick out the songs and practice them on the piano. It's best if I can do this on Friday afternoon, but that doesn't always happen.

On Saturday, hubby has to study since he works another full-time job. So, if he's studying at home, I try to keep the kids out of his hair and take phone messages so he's not disturbed. If he studies at his office at church, I get housework done and try to plan/make Sunday lunch ahead of time. On Saturday night I encourage the kids to lay out their Sunday clothes, shoes, etc. so we don't have to rush around in the morning.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We just try to have everying thing by the door the night before

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

1. Try to go to bed at a decent hour.

2. Pick out the clothes I will consider wearing.

3. If I am working in GreenHouse, prepare the lesson.

4. Make sure I have gas in the car to get to church and back.

9. InHisGrip

InHisGrip New Member

I try to have some personal worship before going to church. Helps the mind set once I get there.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We've got the best situation. When my husband is preaching, we tend to have worship teams from the home church come out to lead worship and often not everyone can make it so they ask my daughter to sing with them. If hubby is not preaching, he will lead worship. Either way, someone in my car on the way to church will be involved in worship and they use the 30 minute drive to practice. So we get some awesome worship time in the car!!