1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you hate about Obamacare?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 16, 2017.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I noticed that. A deafening silence!

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She could be benefiting from Obamascare?

Me thinks you misread the topic title sister. It is "What do you HATE about Obamcare?"

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is happening, regardless of what Save41199 says. Mrs. Rolf and I have been watching it happen first-hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. saved41199

saved41199 Active Member
    Site Supporter

So sorry, been deathly ill with the flu. And, yes, I am covered under the medicaid expansion here in Nevada. Thank God for it. So was my husband until our income went down far enough for him to qualify for VA care. When you have a chronic disease that can kill you quickly if you don't have insurance, you panic. In a HUGE way. My husband is a brittle diabetic secondary to having his pancreas (and some other organs removed). His medications, without insurance, run 6 thousand dollars a month.

[False accusation edited.]

Also, I don't know where you get your information but I can tell you that there is no way any illegals get anything other than maybe emergency medicaid...that's it. Nothing else. I've been through the mill, housing assistance, SNAP, medicaid and utility assistance. For each one, we had to show proof of citizenship. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

But...hey...it's all good...Matthew 25...remember that.

#25 saved41199, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2017
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What dont I like about it? The govt telling you must have their insurance

7. saved41199

saved41199 Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, the insurance policies were offered by individual companies, United Healthcare, Aetna, Blue Cross and the like. The government's "interference" came under things like the end of lifetime caps for costs, must cover pre-existing conditions and the requirement to buy it was to add more people to the pool of insured to drive costs down for everyone. The problem was/is that there is still a profit margin involved for the insurance companies. They will raise costs and deductibles until it is literally cost-prohibitive for any one to use their insurance. The last "private" insurance I had demanded a 5 THOUSAND dollar deductible to be paid before it would pay dime one. Yeah...that doesn't work. Especially when that's one month of meds. I mean, if I'd had the money, it would have been a great deal, right? The good part is that in another 5 years we'll be leaving the civilian insurance world and going to the retired military medical insurance. It's times like these that I wish hubby had done his 20 on active instead of going reserve.

8. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not the point he was making. He was pointing out the mandatory nature of Obamacare, along with the strict specifications that the government imposed on insurance companies that drove costs way up. The government dictated a certain set of parameters - many of them with high deductibles - and then forces Americans to do business with private firms. The only reason that passed muster with the Supreme Court is by reinterpreting (against the primary arguments of the creators of the legislation) the penalties imposed by the government as a "tax."

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sister, California is giving illegal families with children on DACA, medical care.

All illegals get drivers licenses.

Illegals now get college aid and grants.

Read the following links. California is the experiment state, if it works here and no one complains, it will be done in other states:

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-brown-immigrant-coverage-20160610-snap-story.html

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...ard-extending-obamacare-to-illegal-immigrants

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-california-immigrant-rights-20150811-story.html

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...fare-benefits-than-american-families-n2161305

I'm not sure what you are hearing in Utah, but, Gov. Brown and his liberal Clowns are giving away the ranch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AS FOR YOU, PLEASE EXCEPT MY HEARTFELT THOUGHTS REGARDING YOUR HUSBAND AND HIS HEALTH NEEDS. Your situation sounds dire, and I believe NO AMERICAN should be without insurance. I am glad he has the VA. Like him, I have serious health issues from diabetes, including chronic kidney disease. Please no, I am asking my prayer team, and intercessors to stand in the gap for the two of you.

Shalom!