What do you know about the Plymouth Brethern?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HungryInherit, Mar 4, 2014.

1. HungryInherit

HungryInherit
    Expand Collapse

Reading about Darby and it seems to be about as close to baptist as any other denomination. Anybody ever attended a PB church?

Please note; it is not the same as Brethern or other churches with similar names. I've done a quick web search on this site and haven't found too much on the topic.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1
    Expand Collapse

Believe would be big into Dispy pre trib pre mil and would be close to PB as you indicated!

3. Rippon

Rippon
    Expand Collapse

I was in the Assemblies for decades. These days they have many similarities with conservative Baptists. But in the early days of John Nelson Darby and others who came from an Anglican background --it was largely pedobaptistic. Then,with the passing of time, there was mutual tolerance of both the pedobaptistic and credo-Baptistic positions. That's sort of like the Faith Free Presbyterian Church stance.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1
    Expand Collapse

Are they staunch pre trib/pre mil then?

5. clark thompson

clark thompson
    Expand Collapse

Darby lived in the early start of this country it is possible that it was a movement that was started by the pilgrims, which could be very similar to churches today.

6. Rippon

Rippon
    Expand Collapse

I don't know what country you're from. J.N.D. was born in London (in 1800) and had an Irish background.