1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you say about this?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Feb 18, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

That's part of a conversation between 2 persons. What do you say about the reply of person B? Is he right?

A:I don't understand this. Paul is talking about the freedom but then he goes on and names all kinds of sins and says that nobody who does this will inherit the Kingdom of God! This doesn't sound like freedom but rather like a threat.

B: If you don't honor God, how can he honor you? If you don't work to perfect yourself each day, then why should you be able to inherit the kingdom with God? Part of being saved is obediance. You are not saved in spite of obediance. A person who claims Christ as their saviour, but lives like hell, is more than likely destined to hell.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

If you don't work to perfect yourself each day, then why should you be able to inherit the kingdom with God? Part of being saved is obediance

Well . . . why should you inherit the Kingdom?

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I thought because of.............................. Jesus?! :confused:

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Then why are you working for it?

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I'm not the person who said that if you think that.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You ARE the one that misunderstood the argument enough to think it was IMPORTANT enough to ask about.

Or was that a different mis-discipler?

:thumbs:

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I don't know what you mean.

Instead of asking questions it would be easier if you simply posted an answer to my question.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You took the words out of my mouth . . . did you read my mind?

:laugh: :wavey: :laugh:

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

El_Guero is playing with you, xdx. Ignore it. I've sent you a PM.

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Matt 7 -- Christ said "by their fruits you shall know them" -- "Not everyone that SAYS Lord Lord will enter the kingdom OF HEAVEN but he who DOES the will of my Father".

Romans 2:13 "not the HEARERS but the DOERS of the Law will be JUSTIFIED".

In Christ,

Bob

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

TP

Tragically, you are playing with xdx.

I asked good questions. And it became apperent that the answer for the question was already known.

So why the game?

12. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

xdx if I were you I would put BobRyan on ignore. He is going to feed you a lot of misinformation that will only serve to confuse you, not help you. His is a works salvation, a works perserveance. Jesus didn't pay the price in full so that you would have to fear and tremble trying to figure out what to keep, what not to keep, what to do, what not to do. Christ is the end of the law for those who believe.

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

You tell me. You're the one replying to him in riddles and with superior tones.

14. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

I inherit the Kingdom because of the blood of Christ and his righteousness that I put on over mine. The only "obedience" that requires is to believe.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

this is works based salvation, and ignores Jesus

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

@ donnA

Are you referring to what person B said?

But maybe this person said this because of what James said. I don't know but James' faith without works is dead stuff is really confusing. It sounds like faith + work = heaven. I know that the christians will simply say that works are not necessary to be saved, they are simply a result of real faith and if you have no works then you also have no faith. But doesn't this also force you to do good works because you automatically think that a real christian also has to have works and this means that if you want to be a real christian then you have to have works. You cannot be a real christian without works, right? But what if somebody is insecure and thinks: "How do I know that I'm a real christian? Maybe I better start doing works because this will prove that I am a real christian..."
    What if christians try to prove to themselves that they are real by doing works?
    I find it hard to make James fit to other books in the bible. Did Paul ever say something like faith without works is dead? I don't think so. How do we know that Paul would have agreed with James? What if James was wrong? Or what if James isn't genuine? I think that the christians today would find a way to make everything fit to the bible but what if they are just trying to explain contradictions? You can always find an explanation for everything. :confused:

17. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

IOW, xdx, James is not accurate and the bible contains contradictions. You're a long way from home here, my friend. You've got to get with a mentor, one on one. You aren't going to jump any hurdles on your own.

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I did not say that James is not accurate. The problem is that when you have such a hard time making different verses from the bible fit to each other then you can get such thoughts as "What if this isn't even genuine...". You simply get such thoughts. Or do you want to tell me that you do not also have problems making different things fit to each other? Just the other day I listened to Dr.Cairns and he was preaching about faith and works and he also said exactly what I thought. It's not easy to make everything fit together. There are indeed problems and if you don't have the answers to solve them then you end up being confused. If even somebody like Cairns admits that some questions aren't easy to answer then how is it supposed to be easy for somebody like me?

19. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Who is Cairns? No one on earth can "put" verses together. That's the work of the Holy Spirit.

20. His Blood Spoke My Name

You listen to Alan Cairns? I would steer away from him.