1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think about Norman Geisler?

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Thinkingstuff, Dec 2, 2009.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

"Arrogant" is so over-used. Typically against a person someone disdains. :)

It' sort of like the "bad attitude" label a boss I worked with used on everyones evaluation. Hard to defend that, that is why he used it. :)

Anyhow, it's in the eye of the beholder. Why try to perceive which way a person is? "Is he arrogant or humble" is judgmental, but I think biblically we can test their doctrine without being judgmental. I say we ought to quit trying figure out whether a person is arrogant or humble.

Too many labels and blaming. I'm not getting into that fools game on here. I'm going to say what I believe, and in Whom I believe and let it ride. Let the scorners scorn, who cares.

- Blessings

#21 preacher4truth, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  2. CF1

CF1 New Member

Good wisdom above. I agree. In my company our human resources department tells managers not to write that someone has a bad attitude. In court, a defense lawyer can ask, "Are you a Psychiatrist? Then how can you be in a position to evaluate someone's attitude?" How do you know what an employee is thinking? Did they say they have a bad attitude? Are you not making judgements about something for which you lack expertise. Thus they call the credibility of management into question for the jury.

In the same way we as Christian's should not judge people's motives, which we don't understand. We should just seek to understand them as people for what they do say.

I stand corrected. Thank you!

#22 CF1, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Thanks for the compliment, a nice Christian response. I appreciate the humility!

- Blessings

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Jim, just because they have a different take on election and predestination in no way implies they are out to destroy anyone. There are MULTITUDES of baptists who are not calvinists. The vast majority of SBC membership would fall into that category. They are out to destroy NO ONE.

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Geisler makes no sense in soteriology. He is not a Calvinist, but he really wants to keep that label for some reason. He isn't Arminian either. Like many, he falls somewhere in between.