1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think about the quran?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 8, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I am a bit confused because the quran contains verses which encourage war against unbelievers but at the same time it also contains verses which seem to condemn the killing of unbelievers. I'm not quran expert, I always thought the quran is all bad and it was dictated to Mohammed by a fallen angel, but if the quran is Satan's counterfeit then why does it also contain verses which say that Allah is forgiving and so on?
    Recently I saw something on TV which confused me a bit. They showed an imam from a huge mosque in a foreign country who preached that suicide bombers are doing the wrong thing and that this isn't okay and he also quoted a lot of quran verses which sounded pretty peaceful. Since there are also muslims which are against violence and which condemn violence and also refer to the quran does this not prove that the quran isn't all bad and that maybe those extremists only abuse the quran for their purposes?
    Somehow this really confuses me a bit because if the quran isn't totally bad then it doesn't make sense anymore. When I imagine that islam is Satan's counterfeit then why does the quran also contain verses which sound peaceful?

2. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

"Mein Kampf" contained sentences that sounded peaceful. Hitler described himself as a Christian. You can't trust "Mein Kampf", and you couldn't trust Hitler. He built the Autobahn and had a hand in the design of the Volkswagen, provided full employment, erased Germany's horrendous inflation, guaranteed a home and a VW for every German family .......... His book was bad news, and his confession was phony. His reign was a disaster for Germany. Those who trusted him were grievously disappointed. You can trust the bible to get it right every time, for God to fulfill every promise he has made to NT Christians.

While Muslims believe that Mary was a virgin, that the birth of Jesus was divine, that he was a great prophet, they do not comprehend / understand his title, "Son of God". That failure to understand that God manifested Himself in the person of Jesus Christ is responsible for the anti-Christian viewpoint in the Muslim world today. Not content with labeling the Bible fraudulent, they have even gone so far as to declare that Jesus was a Muslim - that the promise made to Israel/Jacob was actually made to Ishmael. The only hope the people of earth have of changing their viewpoint is to win them to Christ. If they could embrace the love of God through Jesus Christ, the Great Prophet born of the Virgin Mary, the world would tremble in its pathway through the heavens.

You won't find God's Truth outside the bible. Yes, some great books have been written about the bible, and there are some great commentaries / concordances / dictionaries out there. I've heard some great sermons, as well. They cannot, however, surpass THE Truth, as revealed to us by God in Jesus Christ himself.

:thumbs:

#2 dispen4ever, Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2006
  3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Qu'ran is not written in chronological order, but rather in size place order, with the biggest surahs first, and getting smaller to the end. You can see this by comparing the beginning and end. So what is covered up (not sure if intentionally) is that Muhammad started off friendly to non-Muslims, but as Jews and Christians rejected him as prophet, he changed and his writings turned against them.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Imagine how he'll feel when all those Jews show up in heaven? Then when he meets Jesus, King of the Jews?

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Only to be told to follow the unbelievers (including muslims) down the steps . . .

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

That brings to mind one invitation question that I have been known to ask:

"If you think that you are not ready to accept Christ now, may I ask you one question? If you reject Jesus, what will you do when you introduce yourself to the person next to you in judgment and they introduce themselves as 'Adolf,' 'Attila,' or 'Osama'?"

If it ain't Jesus that we follow into heaven, we ain't staying past the judgment.

PS - just to be clear :jesus: is my Lord and Savior.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Eternal fuel for the fires of hell!

I just hope Hitler isn't near sighted so he can see us clearly through the great gulf.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Aaah, But they don't. They totally reject his deity, the trinity, the fact that he is the Son of God, and the virgin birth according to the Biblical account.
    According to Islamic belief it is blasphemy to address Allah (or God) as Father. Thus God could not have a son. He does not have personal relationships. He is not a personal God. He is impersonal, transcendent, far above and aloof from all his creatures.
    To concede that Jesus was conceived by the God the Holy Spirit, would be giving credence to the trinity--again blasphemy. This could never be. They believe that he was born of a virgin, but not conceived of the Holy Spirit. Rather they believe that he was conceived by an angel and Mary. That is their view of the virgin birth.
    Christ, according to them is just another prophet. Mohammed is a greater prophet. He (Christ) in no way is divine. That again would be blasphemy. To them God is one; not three. The only way Jesus could be a son in their eyes is through a sexual union. They reject all other concepts.

9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In 2Cor 11 Satan is said to appear as an angel of light.

in 2Thess 2 he sets himself in the seat of god claiming that he IS god.

2Cor 11
    13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
    14 No wonder, for even
    Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.[/
    b]
    15 Therefore it is not surprising if his
    servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is true - they accept the virgin birth as an act of God but do not agree with scripture that this is then the Son of God - nor do they accept the concept of the Trinity - or Triune God.

in the Word of God - it is God who shows up with armies of heaven and destroys the wicked. For Islam it is the war cries and blood thirst of their own followers that wage war against fellow Muslims AND against the world. For his hand will be turned against his brother and his brothers hand will be turned against him.

The proverb said by Muslims "My hand against my brother, me and my brother against my cousin, me and my cousin against the world". They form aliances of "hate" as a way of making peace with those that they would normally be fighting against.

Their only "excuse" is to appeal to the DARK AGES and the acts of the RCC.

How sad!

In Christ,

Bob

11. Pete

Pete New Member

"Even a stopped watch is right twice a day."

12. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

xdx, just wanting to reinforce my original response about the Muslim view of Jesus. Here is a quote from a Muslim author.

Revered Figures in Islam: "Virgin Mary" & "Jesus Christ"
    By Noor Al Haqq
    Jan 22, 2005, 10:56

The title may seem strange to some, and maybe unbelievable to others but that's a very true fact about Islam. Two of the most revered, loved and respected figures in the heart of every Muslim are Virgin Mary peace be upon her and her blessed son Jesus Christ peace be upon him. In fact, no individual can be a Muslim unless he/she believes in Jesus peace be upon him and in his miraculous birth from the purest of all women, and that he is the Word of God and a Spirit from Him and that he is the Messiah to the people of Israel. He is honoured in this world and in the hereafter, and he is one of those brought nearest to Allah.

The Quran tells a lot of wonderful things about this great Prophet and about the purity of his mother. In fact out of the 114 chapters of the Noble Quran , 9 of them carry the name of individuals, and out of these 9 there is a chapter titled Mary; Maryam in Arabic. No woman had more attention in the Quran than Mary. The chapter that carries her name is one of the most beautiful chapters of the Quran that tells us about the life of this pious woman who dedicated her life in worship to Her Lord, and who bore one of God's greatest Prophets and Messengers in a miraculous birth that stands as a sign of God's power and that He only need to say something 'Be' and it is.

That may help clarify how easily one can become confused about documents written outside the bible which claim to be an improvement. There are tons of those out there.

13. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Don't know why but this thread was good for me, at least to this point.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is a lot of Islamic literature out there that only tells a part of the truth, like that above. They try to present the "good" side of Islam. To them every prophet is "perfect." Try telling them about the sin of David with Bathsheba and the consequent murder of Uriah, and then see the reaction. It is against their religion that God would leave any prophet in the hands of the wicked to suffer. But isn't that what happened to Christ and almost all of the prophets?
    Tell them the truth about Mary. Why did Mary have to present a sin offering the same day that Christ was circumcised--because she herself was a sinner. Those facts don't go over too well with Islam.
    But then they don't have a very good concept of sin, and no way of forgiveness in their religion. How does one gain forgiveness in the religion of Islam? They can't. It is a religion of fatalism. They are totally in the hands of a capricious god, the creator of both good and evil. It is entirely at his mercy that they have salvation no matter how good or evil they may have lived.

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I turned to this thread just because I saw DHK contributing; and I wasn't disappointed! Thanks DHK!
    Now I also understand why the Muslims regard Mohammed a 'perfect', or rather, "the perfect man" - because they regard him as a prophet! That explains why they don't regard him as ever having committed any sin .... despite the very opposite truth!
    Yuch, what an abominable religion!

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Thanks everybody,
    but what do you think is the quran? Is it a book written by a confused,disturbed person (Mohammed) who also might have had some good ideas, which resulted in verses which sound good, or is the quran a product of Satan and he dictated it to Mohammed and Mohammed could not include his own opinion?

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Get discipled . . . Jesus said so.

Then I will answer your questions.

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You take 2Cor 11 about Satan as an Angel of light and his servants as ministers of light and then ask "to what level of automated control did Satan go with Mohammed to get the SAYINGs arranged and promoted"?

How are mere mortals supposed to know exactly how far Satan went in controlling Mohammed?? It is not like we have Satan's diary.

Joseph Smith, Mohammed, Hitler, Richard Dawkins... how in the world are we supposed to know "the very level" at which Satan manipulated them???

In Christ,

Bob

19. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This is true.

20. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

xdx, as Christians we do not accept any other version of God than that which is found in the bible. We don't know all the ingredients that went into the preparation of the Quran. We just know that it is "another gospel," so to speak. Read what Paul had to say about that, Galatians 1:6-9. Every question you can ask is answered in the bible. You must be cautious in incorporating too many answers on the Baptist Board into your mindset. All scripture is given by God. It is not of any private (non-spiritual) interpretation. Think about talking to someone in your hometown who is not word-faith, name it and claim it in background. I think you probably will want to censure what you watch on TV, and what you read, if it is in their category.

:thumbs:

#20 dispen4ever, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2006