1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think of Peter Ruckman?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Joe Turner, Oct 28, 2002.

1. The Harvest

The Harvest New Member

fair enough. you're entitled to your opinion.

2. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

I'm not suggesting you should. I do think there's something to be said in favor of your own credibility when you call out those who come to a similar conclusion to yours by different argumentation. You demonstrated that in your repudiation of Ruckman.

I'll take that as a great compliment. What do you mean by "covert," though?

"MV crowd" is perhaps not the best term, as I, for one, have never attended a church that used anything other than the KJV in the pulpit. I just wholly reject the KJVO theology and see great value in other translations.

3. Bartholomew

Bartholomew New Member

Wow! :eek: Swordsman (I think it was him) got ripped to shreds by Dr. Griffin because he said something that, to my eyes at least, looked like a harmless joke. It was apparently "the spirit of antichrist". So what are we to make of the above quotation??? :rolleyes: All this about KJVOs being nasty...

4. Bible-belted

Bible-belted New Member

Ransom,

Re-read what you posted, and ask yourself:

Is it true?

Is it kind?

Is it necessary?

Then alter your post accordingly.

5. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

I already did.

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But even this is a misnomer since the main differentiating doctrine, KJVOnlyism, isn't found anywhere in the pages of the Bible. On what basis can someone claim to be a "Bible-believer" when the supposed proof of that claim goes beyond what the Bible says?

I am calvinistic in my sotierology. You apparently don't know what calvinism teaches. We definitely believe that man has a free will... we just accept scriptures like Romans 3:10 to mean what they say. Our free will always results in rebellion against God. There is none that seeketh after God.
    Can't speak for Ransom but calvinism teaches that people will not choose to be saved unless called, not that the opportunity is not available to them.

[ January 30, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Scotty aka Scott J ]

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

please explain</font>[/QUOTE]He has been divorced twice and married three times, showing himself unable to manage his own household well and unable to make good choices about very important matters. He uses profane language that ought not to be used by believers, much less those charged with being an example (ensample for all your KJ buffs out there) to the flock and a model of what it means to be a believer. He shows contempt and disregard for the teaching of Scripture on a variety of subject. He is not patient with those who disagree with him lest God should perhaps lead them to the truth.

[ January 30, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

8. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would you know that? From what I know, any good he does is equally offset by the damage he does.
    I can't think of a situation where this would be the case. Why would I give any weight to what he says? He is not the judge of my soul.
    I wouldn't have anything different than preaching that brings conviction and growth. But the authority and power comes from God's Word, not hateful belligerent, venomous language.
    Are you making assumptions as to whether the rest of us are doing this or not? Maybe it's just that others aren't doing it for the glory of men so they don't feel compelled to brag about it. It is reported that Peter Ruckman likes to tell how great a preacher and soul winner he is.