1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think of Rep. Joe Wilson's decision to shout out 'You lie!' during speech

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Xavier Montoya Zapata, Sep 9, 2009.

?
  1. It was completely inappropriate. There's never an excuse for bad manners.

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. It revealed the frustration of House Republicans who feel powerless.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. He was completely within his rights.

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don;t care if you call me Rev or not. It means nothing to me. I dismissed no one. I said you were off base on blasting on single outburst as touretts. There is no need for compassion or concern in that situation. And you continue to play the victim by faking a situation that needs compassion. It doesn't exist with regards to this congressman. Good Grief

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

If that were true, you would know that TS involves impulse control and inappropriate verbalizations.
    Psychology is one thing. This is a neurological / movement disorder with psychosocial implications.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you didn't

For reasons obvious only to you who is trying to create a crisis where none exists.

And therefore it needs not be brought up. Nor considered

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it highly amusing that Rev says, "I said you were off base on blasting on single outburst as touretts," and yet defends a person calling the president a liar.

5. targus

targus New Member

One instance of verbalizing at an inappropriate moment does not meet the definition.

You are trivializing the condition.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But his intent is to exacerbate the congressman's and show us all what he knows about Tourett's

7. targus

targus New Member

I fail to see the humor.

A single instance of inappropriate verbalization consisting of two words is not Touretts.

And truth is always a valid defense. Obama did lie.

So what is funny?

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He had to have a way to introduce the statement that followed.Most likely all he could come up with.

It isn't and that is obvious.

9. Magnetic Poles

Never said it did. I merely mention the possibility.

Man, you really are hanging yourself out there, aren't you? You have no idea of my life, or you would know that is something I absolutely would never do. Have you raised a child with severe TS? I have. I have dealt with the teachers. I have dealt with the health care providers.

10. Magnetic Poles

Psychic mitch can read others minds. Too bad you are way off base. I don't care if you know what I have learned in a lifetime of dealing with it. Matters not to me.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't get it. Your situation was not necessary to bring up in a debate about what the congressman should or should not have done. It is irrelevant to the situation.

12. Magnetic Poles

No sir, YOU don't get it. For someone to be inappropriate to such a degree, coupled with what I have learned, it jumps out at me as a very real possibility. I never said Wilson HAS TS. I said it is something that could explain it.

I never brought my own family up until it was necessary to demonstrate I do have experience with this.
    And on that subject, I am owed an apology by curtis, asking what I have...but of course it won't happen.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I didnt say I knew what you knew. Nothing of the sort left my fingers. Neither is it relevant.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It wasn't that inappropriate.You are just pretending it is. And you played the part of the victim claiming my lack of compassion on who knows what but no compassion was necessary here.

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Folks we have been had. We Spent the day, me included, responding to this nonsensical thread by the unknown Zapata when there are threads of substance that should be discussed. So Wilson called Obama a liar. I suspect that 90% of those on this forum believe that Obama is a liar and that he lied repeatedly last night.

Has anything been accomplished other than the exchange of insults? This thread should die the death of neglect!

16. targus

targus New Member

Actually you said it was "classic TS".

But hey, why quibble over details?

17. Magnetic Poles

Since you apparently desire to do so. Okay...let me expand...classic symptom of TS.

18. targus

targus New Member

So one instance of yelling two words - which happen to be true and on point - at an inappropriate time is a "classic symptom of TS"?

Dude, just let it go. You are really looking silly here.

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

We are all looking silly here. We have spent the day, me included, responding to this nonsensical thread by the unknown Zapata when there are threads of substance that should be discussed. So Wilson called Obama a liar. I suspect that 90% of those on this forum believe that Obama is a liar and that he lied repeatedly last night.

Has anything been accomplished other than the exchange of silly insults? This thread should die the death of neglect!

20. Magnetic Poles

No, but you are appearin to have OCD. :thumbs: