1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by vermae, Apr 14, 2006.

1. vermae

vermae New Member

I belong to a baptist church.We are renting our church out to a church group who do not believe in baptizing.Are we wrong to let people who do not believe as we do to use our church?

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

What kind of church doesn't believe in baptizing?

3. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

I personally would have a big problem with doing so. We should not help the propagation of doctrines that are contrary to what we believe. Also, by extension, your church may become associated with the other group in the eyes of the community because of the shared facility.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

James, I was in a Grace Bible church a while back. They, or at least the majority, do not believe in baptism. In fact, it was one of the major points taken in that church, and we would often hear preaching that focused on the reasons for water baptism not being for the church today.
    You should have seen the ruckus that ensued when a boy from that church fell in love with a pastor's daughter from an IFB church. :(

5. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Wild, I've never heard of a church that doesn't believe in baptizing.

6. vermae

vermae New Member

This church believes in sprinkling.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

We have loaned our church to others for funerals and a few weddings, but that is all. We loan out our lunchroom to the community if needed for a special gathering.

8. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I have encountered a few churches that don't believe in baptism or sprinkling, but most of them have their reasons without harping on them.

Here, we have several churches that share buildings, but they rent the time slot. For example, one church will rent it in the morning and one in the evening. But, the building belongs to neither; it is a community building. There are many churches that cannot afford their own building, but are just a little too big to be a house church.

So, if the church owns its own building, I think it would be better not to rent it out, but there's not necessarily anything wrong with it.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Vermae,
    Since there is very little agreement on most most theological issues amongst Baptists, however your local church votes is the correct guidance.