1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What do you think?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As of the time of this writing, if you search on Google for the URL of the United Way Sandy Hook fundraising page (see instructions, below), you will get a Google search result saying the page was created on December 11, 2012.

What's so odd about that? The Sandy Hook shooting took place three days later, on December 14, 2012.

If your head is suddenly ringing with shouts of "conspiracy theory!" you're not alone. This kind of news immediately sets off red flags with most people, including myself. "Is this for REAL?" I found myself asking when I first saw this.

So I grabbed a screen shot from Google search results, and you can see that below. Yep, it shows December 11, 2012, clear as day. In fact, it has consistently shown this for the past four days

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038633_Sandy_Hook_Google_search_results_December_11.html#ixzz2I5WePTuo

Disclaimer* do not think I endorse this just because I brought it ip for discussion.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Do this:

Do a Google search on "Superstorm Sandy". Now go to "Search Tools" near the top of the page and click on it. On the left you will see "Any Time". Click on that and go to the bottom and click on "Custom Range". Make the range from 1/1/2012 to 12/31/2012 which makes the search results all of last year. Now click "done". Now head to page 4 and tell me what you see about Superstorm Sandy that is dated from before it hit the US coast on October 29. Click on that link and see how they list the damage from the storm. Yet the link is dated October 26th!! But wait! Right under that is another link to the same chart that is dated October 25th! How did they know what the damage would be a full 3-4 days before it was even NEAR the US??

But wait - there is more!!! Two more down from there is a link that is dated July 30th - a full three months before Sandy was even a glimmer in nature's eye!!!

See? You can't trust the dating on Google.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

All about nothing. The United Way page could have had different content when created, or a computer had the date set wrong. Remember Occam's Razor, and have a healthy dose of skepticism.

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wait until Poncho gets ahold of this. It'll be a global banker-run conspiracy for sure.