1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What doctrines are wrong . . .

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

A point which I have already refuted (citing language evolution).

Yet another KJVO lie that is easily refuted. The NKJV and MKJV are not paraphrases in the slightest. In fact, the MKJV translates the KJV's source texts in the exact same manner as the KJV. The only difference is that it translates into 21st century English instead of 17th century English.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    POR:Since the KJB is accurate,

Except where proven INaccurate...

all the others are "paraphrases"

So, the NIV, NASB, and even the NWT are all KJV paraphrases? Yeah, right...

Time you. and many,many others learn that.

Time we also learn the earth is flat & that the moon is made of cheese?

So the "doctrine", as you call it, is true, right, necessary.

Yerp...If ya live in Fantasyland!

3. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

WRONG ahnk!! No wonder you're so confused about the Bible, you're trying to use a modern dictionary to translate an age old conglomeration of FACT.

Brass is the purer form of bronze, Unicorn is a rhinoceros like creature that inhabited Turkey, and behemoth is the largest creature ever known to man.

4. Plain ol' Ralph

A point which I have already refuted (citing language evolution).

Yet another KJVO lie that is easily refuted. The NKJV and MKJV are not paraphrases in the slightest. In fact, the MKJV translates the KJV's source texts in the exact same manner as the KJV. The only difference is that it translates into 21st century English instead of 17th century English.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Oh, I see now yall are evolutionists. Hmmmm? Wonder where the defintion of APOSTACY fits in here?

5. Plain ol' Ralph

I do suppose this IS your ministry, huh? Anti-Word of God "ministry" Hmmm?

You haven't proven a thang, except your identity.

[attack snipped]

[ November 17, 2004, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob ]

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Yall" are not evolutionists. In fact, John and I have had several pointed debates on that subject.

Several other non-KJVO's are creationists as well.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I wasn't aware that I was an evolutionist, but in any case, this is a clear case of the KJVO apostate calling the kettle black.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I believe it was YOU who insists that a dictionary will clear up any KJVO questions. Now, when I prove your point wrong, you "accuse" me of doing what you said we should be doing. Typical KJVO false doctrine doublespeak.
    Your ignorance abounds.

Brass is a copper/zinc alloy. Bronze is a copper/tin alloy. Your claim is patently false. Brass is a 16th century invention. Bronze goes back thousands of years.

The Hebrew word r'em (translated by the KJV as unicorn) is a wild bull, or wild ox.

The Hebrew word behmowth (transliterated in the KJV as behemoth) means "water ox", which is what they called the animal we know as the hippopotamus.

9. natters

natters New Member

Plain ol' Ralph said "Brass is the purer form of bronze"

Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc.

Bronze is an alloy copper and tin.

Brass does not occur naturally, and is a relatively recent man-made alloy. You could not dig it out of hills, either now nor in the past (Deut 8:9, KJV) as you could copper or bronze.

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're trying to prove to POR that he is wrong using FACTS instead of pulpiteering emotion or ruckmanesque rhetoric? Fruitless.

Maj. Premise: The KJV says "brass" and not "bronze"
    Min. Premise: "Brass" is correct and anaything else false. If the Hebrew says "bronze", the KJV corrects it!
    Concl: The KJV (whichever revision you think is accurate) say's "brass" and it is 100% perfect so it must be "brass".

Definition: (I'm helping POR since he can't find a dictionary) "The fallacy of circular reasoning occurs when a speaker asserts a conclusion that is based on a premise that requires the conclusion to be true before it can be accepted."

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Of course. Since the KJV contains no errors, and if there is evidence that the KJV contains errors, then the evidence must be wrong, because the KJV contains no errors.

Got it.

I think that we who love the KJV need to take a stand against this type of KJVOist circular reasoning, since it only results in confusion, in false doctrine, and in degredation and mockery of the KJV, not to mention other reliable translations. In other words, KJVOism does what it accuses non-KJVOists of doing.

12. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

The Living Bible, Paraphased
    Rom. 8:28. And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into his plans.
    29. For from the very beginning God decided that those who came to him--and all along he knew who would--should become like his Son, so that his Son would be the First, with many brothers.
    30. And having chosen us, he called us to come to him; and when we came, he declared us ``not guilty,'' filled us with Christ's goodness, gave us right standing with himself, and promised us his glory.

New American Standard Bible, 1995
    Rom. 8:28. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
    29. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;
    30. and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

[​IMG]

13. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Some might say there is a doctrinal difference between "the only begotten Son" and "the only begotten God" (Jn. 1:18).

Yours,

Bluefalcon

14. Sularis

Sularis Member

Well - just to clear up some metallurgical confusion

Brass and Bronze were both used at the same time - tho bronze was preferred since the method of achieving zinc to create the brass was not foolproof - and thus bronze was easier to use

I quote the brass page
    http://www.brass.org/history.htm

but if that aint enough hit Encyclopedia Britannia

15. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Regarding salvation:

Do you think the streets of gold are real gold bricks, or 14K plated stainless-steel? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Dogsbody

Dogsbody New Member

Oh Phillip! Such bad hermeneutics. This is what we in the CNM (Church of the Narrow Minded) call “Wizard of Oz” theology. The streets are of an asphalt of gold, you heretic! [​IMG]

You are following the “Yellow Brick Road” to your doom. :eek:

Now, where’d I lay my stright jacket? [​IMG]

17. Plain ol' Ralph

Of course. Since the KJV contains no errors, and if there is evidence that the KJV contains errors, then the evidence must be wrong, because the KJV contains no errors.

Got it.

I think that we who love the KJV need to take a stand against this type of KJVOist circular reasoning, since it only results in confusion, in false doctrine, and in degredation and mockery of the KJV, not to mention other reliable translations. In other words, KJVOism does what it accuses non-KJVOists of doing.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Since democratic injustice over-rides the Word of God by majority here, I suppose yall are right. [​IMG] to scorn

18. Plain ol' Ralph

Oh, BTW, with "circular reasoning" one tends to end up right back where God started him, contrary to where the doctrines of men send him.

Hmmm? Yall might be onto sumthin here. "circular reasoning" Right smack dab in the middle of God's Will!! :D [​IMG] ;)

19. Plain ol' Ralph

Can you cite a specific person here that believes that the LB or any other paraphrase carries the same weight and authority as direct translations?

If not, please burn that straw man and actually engage in factual debate.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Oh, so pick and choose tactics at work? Uh, jus cause some one says it's a "bible" don mean it tis'

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yet another refusal of PoR to address a point made to him, How typical. You're not in the minority because of any injustice, you're in the minoruty because your KJVO assertions are not scripturally supportable. This despite being asked numerous times for scriptural support. Doctrine without scriptural support is false doctrine. There is no way you can skirt that issue. None.
    Yet another example of the KJVO pot calling the kettle black. PoR, this thread is three pages long, and filled with numerous points addressed to you, which you have refused to reply to. You pick and choose, and then accuse others of the exact same thing you do.

Typical KJVO false doctrine doublespeak.