1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does Eygpt represent?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by jshurley04, May 3, 2004.

1. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

I have just read the following in another post from Dr. Bob:

This sparked the question in my mind, I have always heard that Egypt is a the representative of the world in all the circles I have run in growing up, but when I reflect on the Major points of Egypt in Biblical history, it seems that maybe we have overlooked the fact that in several instances that Egypt is more of a place of preservation rather than the great evil that we seem to make it too many times. I'm not defending the Godlessness, but have we looked at Egypt in the wrong light? Is this really God's place of preservation rather than an eternal symbol evil and sin?

I understand the points that are made about Egypt being a symbol of the world and of sin and that is not the point of this question. I am also not trying to change my hermeneutic to see this either, this is just a question.

2. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

I know what you mean... Egypt was a place of provision and protection for Joseph, his family and Jesus. And then I found Isaiah 19:25
    "Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance."

3. wopik

wopik New Member

Egypt represents sin. The Lord saved the people out of Egypt (Jude 5). The lambs' blood on the door posts notified the death angle to passover these particular houses.