1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does God with a rebellious christian?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jun 18, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

What happens if a born again christian is sucked into sin and doesn't want to let go of it? What will God do? Will God give him up? Does God give christians up?
    Or does God only give up on non-christians? Because in the bible God gave up people and gave them over to their lusts.
    But even as a christian you can be stubborn and act foolish. But what will God do if you hold on to sin?
    Or what happens if a rebellious christian dies? Is he not still God's child? Or will he simply go to hell? :confused:

I think as a christian you are in now safe from rebellious tendencies, I am also rebellious sometimes. :(
    Or sometimes when I was angry at God and thought that God doesn't like me I would sin on purpose as if I could somehow pay God back for not liking me. :tear:
    This is really foolish but even as christians we are able to do foolish things. If I, as a christian, do such a foolish thing and later on feel sorry and ask God for forgiveness then does God still remember this? Because the bible says God is not mocked. Does this mean that he might somehow punish me for this? Often when I have sinned and have a bad conscience and something bad happens I feel as if God is punishing me because I sinned. Would God do this?