1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does it mean to you to be KJVO?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by MRCoon, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulman

Soulman New Member

I am KJP. I am confident that the KJB is the Word of God. I see no reason to change. I am not sure about some of the other versions. I know many of them are faulty. I will stick with what has been working well for 37 years. The KJB.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A person can use the KJV only without carrying the dead bird of the KJVO MYTH around his/her neck. I cannot sit here and truthfully say the HOLY SPIRIT did NOT lead you to the KJV. But OTOH, no KJVO can truthfully say the HOLY SPIRIT didn't lead me to use several versions, or someone else to use only the NASV, etc, etc.

I don't criticize anyone for using only the KJV until/unless they criticize others for their choices. And I will unrelentingly fight against the FALSE KJVO MYTH.

The KJVO myth is that false doctrine which says the KJV is the ONLY valid English Bible translation. That myth is NOT SUPPORTED whatsoever by Scripture, and that fact alone makes it false.

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Surely you must have something better to do with your time.

4. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

What makes it false is that we choose and we cannot choose Gods Word it Chooses us! The Whole issue of KJVO is an deversion from the truth and casting doubt on the Truth! when such statements are made when they are attacking the very core that our faith was established then that is both incorrect and a false way or doctorine! If one chooses God's word that is! The Modernists say this vesion while the KJVo say this translation But God says "THIS is "MY" Beloved Son hear ye HIM" So then We should listen to Jesus and King Jesus has Ordained the KJB and Not any other in English! [Attack on the Bible deleted]

[ May 19, 2006, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Could you please share any evidence my brother that King Jesus ordained any version in any language?

Is this part of what being KJVO is? Do all KJVOs claim that King Jesus ordained a translation?

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

PhatCat said:

There seems to be a scary trend around here for people to just discount it when a "KJVO" says that were convicted by the Holy Spirit. That is very scary.

Why is it scary? How does the person "receiving" these "convictions" intend to demonstrate to the rest of us that they come from the Holy Spirit and not from the world, the flesh, or the devil? What are this person's credentials to speak authoritatively for God? What is our responsibility when the "Holy Spirit" doesn't seem to square with what we already know to be true?

I'm Baptist, not Holiness or Pentecostal. My standard is Scripture, an objective and authoritative rule of faith, not someone else's "convictions."

Do they not believe in HS conviction?

Absolutely. But if God through his Holy Spirit wants to convict me of something, he is capable of revealing that conviction to me personally or mediating it through the ministry of the Word. God is not in need of secretaries of dubious authority to get his message across.

7. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

PhatCat said:

KJVO side:
    "I understand your position... here's my position [Smile] "

". . . you apostate, liberal, crypto-Catholic, gay-loving, Bible-less, unbelieving, Alexandrian Cultist." :rolleyes:

You're being disingenuous, PhatCat, and you know it.

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Oh, and to answer the original question, KJV-onlyism can be defined concisely:

The King James Bible alone = the Word of God in English alone

Some KJV-onlyists would go farther (e.g. Samuel Gipp) and remove "in English" from that as well.

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You DO remember what Revelation said about adding to God's Word don't you? Unless you can cite proof from the Bible that Jesus indeed ordained the KJV then you are adding to the scriptures that God said were closed.

10. Keith M

Keith M New Member

I considr myself a fundamentalist, but I am not KJVO. What KJVO means to me is that someone uses only the KJV, for whatever reason.

I do not think that just because someone is KJVO that they are necessarily Ruckmanites. There are some who follow Ruckman and his thinking, but there are those who don't.

I do not think that someone who is KJVO is necessarily an uneducated idiot who knows little more than his or her own name. If someone were that uneducated and that idiotic, they wouldn't be able to read the KJV - or anything else for that matter.

I do not think that someone who is KJVO is bound for hell because they use the KJV. If you're not right with God NO Bible version wil get you to heaven.

I don't for one moment think that being KJVO is a negative thing, although some turn it into that. To say that being KJVO is a negative by definition is as preposterous as saying that anyone who is not born WASP is a born criminal. Ridiculous! KJVO can be turned into a negative, and it often is. But being anti-KJVO can also be turned into a negative.

Being KJVO can be good, or it can be bad. But just because someone is KJVO doesn't mean that they are "Satan's tools."

Let's not belittle someone just because they are KJVO unless they are among those who want to shove their preference down the throats of everyone else and who blaspheme and belittle the word of God if it is in any version beside the KJV. As long as someone recognizes that God gave us His word for every generation and for every language, and that every version beside the KJV is not the work of Satan, then if they want to use only the KJV that is strictly up to them. For those who go so far as to say that ONLY the KJV is the word of God in English - well, I really pity them and their belief in the myth.

11. william s. correa

We must remember that the Bible is a spiritual book and is understandable to those who are led by God's Spirit.Revelation 22:18-19, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Proverbs 30:5-6, Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

12. william s. correa

You DO remember what Revelation said about adding to God's Word don't you? Unless you can cite proof from the Bible that Jesus indeed ordained the KJV then you are adding to the scriptures that God said were closed. </font>[/QUOTE]Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, euen in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that is the word of faith which we preach,
    Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confesse with thy mouth the Lord Iesus, and shalt beleeue in thine heart, that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saued.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

We must remember that the Bible is a spiritual book and is understandable to those who are led by God's Spirit.Revelation 22:18-19, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Proverbs 30:5-6, Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. </font>[/QUOTE]I think God preserved His word in the Geneva Bible. The KJV changed the words of God.

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

William, neither of your previous two posts in any way address the question: "Do you believe King Jesus ordained the KJV?" (show scripture that proves He did).

15. william s. correa

What Version do they use in Moteral?

16. william s. correa

We must remember that the Bible is a spiritual book and is understandable to those who are led by God's Spirit.Revelation 22:18-19, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Proverbs 30:5-6, Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. </font>[/QUOTE]I think God preserved His word in the Geneva Bible. </font>[/QUOTE]For prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:20-21) No one claims that the KJB is Not the Word of God BUT There is Doubt on ALL MV's"The KJV changed the words of God".! No they did Not they were moved By the Holy Ghost as they translated it.400 years and not a word until the Modernists crowd came in and had to "CHANGE" well change isnt Always good! So why the Doube standard I'm Not dodging any question that me and Jesus cannot answer!what you are telling me correct me if I'm wrong is that we are to be subject under Romish,Popish rule and all speek Latin or Greek Or Can God give England His word to reveal it to the Known wolrd and Put down and Speak to Us in our mother toungue?

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am not sure about KJVO, but I what if I were GBO?

God gave us the Geneva Bible for the English speaking people. The KJV translators changed God's perfect word as given in the Geneva Bible. The Geneva translators were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Psa 12:6-7 (Geneva Bible) The wordes of the Lorde are pure wordes, as the siluer, tried in a fornace of earth, fined seuen folde. Thou wilt keepe them, O Lord: thou wilt preserue him from this generation for euer.

God has pereserved His word in the Geneva Bible and only those who are spiritutally minded can understand that.

Why the KJV and all other modern version - because

Mat 7:13-15 (Geneva Bible) Enter in at the streight gate: for it is the wide gate, and broade way that leadeth to destruction: & many there be which goe in thereat, Because the gate is streight, and the way narowe that leadeth vnto life, and fewe there be that finde it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you, in sheepes clothing, but inwardly they are rauening wolues.

Many follow the broad path of the KJV and other modern versions, only a few follow the narrow path of the Geneva Bible.

How is that for logic?

18. william s. correa

Can you do that with the NIV?

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I don't use the NIV.

20. His Blood Spoke My Name

Matthew 7:13-15 13 (a)"Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. 14 "For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it. 15 "Beware of the (a)false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are (b)ravenous wolves.
    NASB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.