1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does MLB have against ARod?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Aug 8, 2009.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

So, what does MLB have against Alex Rodriguez that they wouldn't go to bat for him, but they are for David Ortiz?

I'm referring to a couple of lines in this piece.

When ARod's name was leaked, MLB didn't say a word about how some of the players on the list didn't actually test positive for steroids. But, when Big Papi's name comes out as being on the list, now MLB says that not everybody on the list tested positive for steroids. What gives?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I think it's not just Ortiz. There were other names bandied about. Bronson Arroyo was one just off the top of my head. Man Ram's name came up again. The clear difference in my mind is we finally had roids come up in the context of a World Series champion team...not just a member..but members of a team (at least three BoSox). I think MLB may know that they are dangerously close to the precipice. One more piece of lumber falls, then the pile breaks. If it comes out that a WS champion was tainted, all the gravity is turned off. Everything flies into question. Not just the sacredness of a record or two, but the most celebrated event in the game now gets tarnished.

I don't know where the line is that reads "Here's the point where baseball collapses under the Steroid roof", but I do know that MLB believes (1) It exists, and (2) It's somewhere closer than we all imagined.