1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Does Scripture Say about Eve's Sin As It Would Characterize Women?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JoReba, Feb 28, 2012.

1. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Apostle Paul wrote in I Timothy 2:14 KJV by the direction of The Holy Spirit, "Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." And, in the rest of the passage Paul specifies how women are to conduct themselves because of Eve's Sin, and because Adam was created first.

Before Eve sinned and up to the point of her transgression she was perfect, sinless, had 100% capacity for her inherent mental function, had a clean heart before God, communed directly with God, and had need for nothing beyond what God had provided in The Garden. Her reasons for living were to be the helper of Adam and to procreate.

Why then did she sin while being in a sinless state, having no sinful nature to impel her to transgress? The only answer is that her inner nature as a woman was to:

1.) Be unable to retain the comittment to God for obedience to His clearly expressed Word.

2.) Be unsatisfied with what she possessed, and to rather desire more by means of an innate compulsion for rising expectations.

3.) Be disloyal to her husband when pursuing her desires by not first consulting with him after The Serpent tempted to her.

4.) Contrive off hand rationalizations to justify what she wanted.

5.) As a first response make excuses for her error without taking direct responsibility and repenting.

6.) Instinctively be self centered when facing an important decision.

7.) Be clueless about the future significance of her actions.

Are women predictably and innately like this today in their preglorified state on Earth? Should the answer to this question be affected by anyone's personal feelings about women? Should the answer to this question be specified by God's Word within the Text of Scripture?

Remember, it does no service to The Lord to speak in off handed general terms of "context" and "the whole of Scripture" in order to dismiss this information when Apostle Paul speaks so clearly. Praise God for the Power of Scripture, its timeless relevance, and the assurance of The Holy Spirit to use it as the intended Sword of Truth as described in Hebrews 4:12-13 KJV.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Six of the seven reasons you listed are sins, hence, they could not be what brought her to sin.

Does not Paul give the reason? She was "deceived"! She was designed by God to be a "help meet" and thus a follower not a leader. She was being led by Satan and she followed. She was simply misled by Satan through his "guile" and she believed his rationale.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    JoReba, I am going to close with some scripture that will give you some insight into Eve's nature. But first....

The same Paul also states that he, personally, was deceived by sin. (Romans 7:11). And Jesus Christ said that many people - men and women alike would be deceived. (Matthew 24:4-5) And the book of Revelation says that the whole world is deceived by Satan. (Revelation 13:14) Being deceived by Satan and sin isn't a uniquely feminine characteristic. That isn't what Paul is saying.

I was't going to respond to this thread but someone else has brought it back up. I believe you, the OP, to be a troll. If I am wrong, I am sorry, but I have seen several of these "first posts" or "hit-and-run" posts that condemn women to a state of innate ignorance, rebellion, and spiritual inferiority.

Paul did make it clear that Eve was deceived in the Garden and not Adam, but he is NOT making BEING deceived a part of Eve's nature nor a being deceived as a part of the nature of women in general. You've missed the boat here.

You have incorrectly determined that Eve was created with the following seven traits and raised the question that all women are born with...

• an innate inability to stay committed to God
    • an innate inability to show gratitude to God
    • an inability to maintain loyalty to a husband and a compulsion to pursue selfish gain
    • a innate compulsion to flippantly justify immoral behavior
    • an innate compulsion to excuse her own wrong behavior
    • an innate instinct to be self-centered
    • an innate ignorance of consequences of one's actions
    Where did Eve learn to excuse her sin? From Adam. He threw her under bus first by telling God that it was her fault that he sinned. She was just following his lead here - wrong as his lead was.

And the Bible is full of example after example of men and women who display self-centered behavior when making big decisions and who display extremely disloyal behavior to spouses, God, and more and who totally ignore the consequences of one's actions: Jephthath, King David, Peter, Lot, and more. These are not female-only traits. They are traits of us all - sinners in need of Christ.

And besides, if these traits were instinctive in Eve and in women in general, then that means that God put them there. He didn't.

To ask this question show to me that you are either a troll or someone who has been brainwashed by false teachings. If you are not a troll, you are in need of some counsel and instruction on what the Bible says about women. It's difficult to me to see where you would wish an answer that was devoid of one's personal feelings about women when your list of character traits is chock full of negative personal feelings about women. Someone has taught you all of this and that someone is wrong.

You need to read where Paul "clearly speaks" about himself being deceived and where the Bible says that we all are deceived. And context and the whole of Scripture is light years better than the unBiblical conjecture and personal opinion that you have outlined in the OP.

After the expulsion from the Garden we don't hear from Adam again. But we do hear from Eve.

In Genesis 4 we read where Eve undergoes her punishment of pain during childbirth. Does she display disloyalty to God? a non-committment to God? complaining about the punishment and excusing her sin? No.

She rejoices and gives God credit for the blessing of a child.

She said, "With God's help, I have made a man."

There's your insight into her nature.