1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What does the Bible say about women & girls wearing pants?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Linda64, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

There's no shortage of Scotsmen who wear kilts. I'd hardly call it problematic.

2. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I disagree. I find it aesthetically distasteful. :D

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I ain't got time to get into this, but I hope they all wear something. In KY, it gets pretty cold in the winter.
    Ed

4. standingfirminChrist

ahhh, whosoever keepeth his tongue, is wise.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is all "legalistic" horse feathers. If a woman's conscience tells her not to wear pants, then she shouldn't. But she should not harbor-let alone voice-an opinion that women who DO wear pants are some kinda sinners.

The otiginal question was, "What does the BIBLE say about women wearing pants?"

The answer? Nothing.

No one can prove pants pertain to men only. Therefore the argument is moot.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Amen, robycop3, preach it!!!

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Indeed.

Better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

- Mark Twain

(at least, I think it was Twain)

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Thanks, Standingfirm. :cool:
    I appreciate that. Although I don't think I have the spiritual gift of wisdom, one recently described me as a very wise man, somewhat to my surprise. I appreciated it from him, too. [​IMG] He even stressed the wisdom. If I remember right, his exact words were "You're a real WISE guy!" [​IMG]
    Ed [​IMG]

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

The bible doesn't mention pants at all, they didn't exist then.
    The bible does tell us it's men who look at the outside, God who looks at the inside, the heart.
    This argument gets old, it comes up 3 or 4 times a year.
    IMO, let each person persue God themselves, instead of trying to be the Holy Spirit and trying to convict people for not being what we might want them to be.
    Thats God's job, not ours. And He can get the job done, His way, not ours.

10. mnw

mnw New Member

Manly and modest.(For a man)
    Feminine and modest. (For a woman)

That I believe is the Scriptural exhortation. Where culture comes in the key is always modesty.

MNW

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It's men and women who look on the outside. My wife jokes that the reason she went out on a second date with me is because I had a cute butt. Since I'm not a smoker, I will have to conclude that all those months in the gym paid off [​IMG]

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

John, I didn't men as in males, but men in the general sense as in mankind, you know like it is in scripture. ;)

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

John, I think that information falls under the category of TMI. :D

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Oh, like then it translates "anthropos" as "men" even though it means "people" or "humankind" in general. [​IMG]

15. Salamander

Salamander New Member

It's men and women who look on the outside. My wife jokes that the reason she went out on a second date with me is because I had a cute butt. Since I'm not a smoker, I will have to conclude that all those months in the gym paid off [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Anecdotes about the flesh do not do anything but promote the flesh

16. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I agree, but then who is it that needs to be witnessed to? God?

God uses men to preach His Word. He uses ladies to show forth the modesty in their apparel to teach the younger women how to treat their husbands, not how to tempt other men who are not their husbands, but somebody else's husband.

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

God uses both men and women to preach his Word. You confuse preaching with pastoring. The great commission applies to all believers, male and female alike.
    He calls both men and women to be modest in their apparrel, not just women. And just as Godly women are to instruct the younger women on how to treat their husbands, Godly men are to instruct the younger men how to treat their wives.
    Neither a man nor woman is permitted to tempt anyone for any reason. However, if a person looks at a person lustfully, then it is that person's sin, not sin of the person whom that person lusted after. That goes for both menand women alike. This is by no means a justification for claiming that women are scripturally forbidden from wearing pants.
    Yeah whatever. There's a huge difference between acknowleging attractiveness and lusting after that person. It appears that you have not learned that difference yet.