1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JimboJones, Nov 20, 2004.

1. JimboJones

JimboJones New Member

1 Corinthians 5
    1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
    2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
    3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
    4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Deliver unto Satan? :confused:
    This sounds like Satan could do something good and help somebody to become saved in the end. :eek:
    Why should Satan help somebody to become saved?

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Again a frowny face post!!??

In 2Cor 7 you will find your answer. Casting them outside the church is the point and in this case it DID result in their coming back IN to the church in repentance.

It is not a case of "Satan doing a good thing".

In Christ,

Bob