1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What ever happened to Shepherd's Chapel/Arnold Murray??

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Dr.Tim, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

I remember a few years ago when I was on BiBle Questions and Bible Answers on MSN Chat there was a group that was from Shepherd's Chapel and they had names like 777 and so forth....
    i know the man is still on TV but seems less often than before.
    Anybody know anything about this group?

tim

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

He's still around. I have some friends who have been looking into his teachings, which are very bizarre. I saw one clip where he holds up what looks like a plastic thing and he said it was the footprint of an angel.

There's info on him on the CARM site:
    http://www.carm.org/chapel/arnold_murray.htm

Let Us Reason also has an article on him:
    http://www.letusreason.org/Poptea4.htm

Murray apparently promotes Christian Identity. I saw that on one of the sites above, but this site below has this:
    The guy is a cult leader and a racist. He has also made false prophecies.

This is really bad stuff.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

4. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

thanks.. I knew of the Serpent Seed idea and had debated with some of his devout followers before. One of them sent a message to all on the board.. "Let's all remember, Tim's seminary is one of those that wouldnt let the cat out of the bag". She signed off after that and never answered my quesiton "What cat?"

She was black woman, and when I threw the bigoted beliefs into the debate, she said that she accepted being inferior (!!!).

5. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

The old boy is alive and well - and is on a channel on my cable system - almost daily!

Be careful when listening to or reading his stuff. He throws in a little truth - but he also throws is error - making him (IMHO) very dangerous!

6. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

does he PREACH? or does he just teach?