1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What groups are represented here?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Mark Fesco, Jul 29, 2006.

1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Nothing at all wrong with that.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Question for Briony-Gloriana -

What were the Lifegate Christians like? Bible believing? Friendly? Accepting? Then why did you leave them?

3. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

These Baptists are bible believers, friendly and initially accepting. I left them because I was finally able to attend a Tridentine Mass in my city, reacquaint myself with the sacraments. I love the solemnity of the Mass and gain great comfort from liturgical calender of the Church as it progresses through the year. I am also very happy to utilise the treasure of the Church in aiding my desire to become closer to God.

Attending the Baptist church I did not gain that. I am not saying that you cannot have a close relationship with God through the Baptist church merely that I did not find it so. Also having been brought up as a Catholic I found it surprisingly easy to return to the faith of my childhood, I was quite startled to find it so after having vehemently rejecting such as a teenager.

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is it fair to say that you "felt" that the RCC had "more truth" (was closer to what you believe the Bible teaches) than the Baptists EVEN while attending the Baptist church?

OR were you thinking -- "ahh this Baptist church is nice, friendly and right on the money when it comes to accepting the Bible for what it says - but I want to be Catholic anyway because I am used to it and it is fun to participate in the Tridentine Mass"??

#44 BobRyan, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Bob I will not go further with this as I feel I will be criticised whichever way I word my answer.

Cheers
    Briony-Gloriana:wavey:

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    you misjudge the question. The intent is not to criticise Catholics who may be attending a Baptist church for the moment nor to criticise Catholics that left the RCC for a while, attended a Baptist church and returned.

But I think that Baptists (and all here) can learn from your honest answers.

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I'm a Seventh Day Adventist

8. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

It is the same Church that was founded by Jesus and the apostles, but as an Orthodox theologian recently said, "All who name the name of Christ are Christians."

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

."

HP: What is ‘the Church?’ If you agree with me and say that it is made up of all true believers, how can just a part of that group bearing the title of ‘Orthodox’ lay claim to being ‘the Church?’
    Doesn’t that smack of a quarterback that claims he is ‘the team?’

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which is where that ended abruptly

11. stan the man

stan the man New Member

In my profile it says that my denomination is Southern Baptist, but I am not attending a Southern Baptist church. I am currently attending a Roman Catholic Church with my girlfriend, but I am not currently a member of the RCC. I have done quite a bit of study on the doctrines of the RCC, and I agree with them on all the points I have studied on. (which would be around 95%) And this up coming Easter I will be welcomed in as a member of the RCC.

#51 stan the man, Aug 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006
  12. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Generic christian - saved at thirteen in a very traditional church of Christ, then spent from about age 28 - 48 in a very progressive church of Christ, then the next five years in an Independent Christian Church, then a year waiting on God and looking for a church, now a member of an SBC.

Les